|Directed by||Jay Abello|
|Produced by||Vicente Garcia Groyon
|Written by||Vicente Garcia Groyon|
Monsour del Rosario
|Music by||Vince de Jesus|
|Edited by||Fiona Borres|
|Distributed by||Videoflick Productions|
|Language||Hiligaynon / English|
|Budget||less than Php 1 million|
Namets! is a 2008 Filipino independent film directed by Jay Abello. The film was a finalist in the full-length feature category of the 2008 Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival. The film's title is a play on the Hiligaynon word namit, which means "yummy" or "delicious".
Jacko Teves (Christian Vasquez) owns Puccini's, an Italian restaurant in Bacolod City. When a monstrous cock fighting debt sets him at odds with Boss Dolpo (Peque Gallaga), he offers his restaurant up as payment. Boss Dolpo brings in Cassie Labayen (Angel Jacob) as a consultant to renovate the restaurant. Much to Jacko's dismay, Cassie decides to offer Negrense cuisine instead of Italian. The pair then set off across the province re-discovering the unique aspects of Negrense food.
- Jacko Teves: Christian Vasquez
- Cassie Labayen: Angel Jacob
- Boss Dolpo: Peque Gallaga
- Oscar: Dwight Gaston
- Rodrigo Labayen: Louie Zabaljauregui
- Imelda Teves: Michelle Gallaga
- Nena Teves: Marivic Lacson
- Babyboy Labayen: Monsour del Rosario
- Farmer: Ronnie Lazaro
- Caveman: Joel Torre
The film was shot on location entirely in the province of Negros Occidental. Locales included Isabela, Sagay City, Silay City and Bacolod City. Seventy percent of the cast and crew were locally sourced talent and the dialogue is in Hiligaynon with English subtitles.
- Arevalo, Rica (2008-06-14). "Film about love and food debuts at Cinemalaya". Inquirer.net. Retrieved 2009-04-28.
- Lim, Michael Kho (2008-07-17). "A delicious filmt treat". The Daily Tribune. Archived from the original on September 28, 2008. Retrieved 2009-04-28.
- Gomez, Carla (2008-11-26). "Movie triggers rush for food". Visayan Daily Star. Archived from the original on September 15, 2009. Retrieved 2009-04-28.
- Gomez, Carla (2008-05-28). "Negrense food stars in film". Visayan Daily Star. Archived from the original on February 24, 2009. Retrieved 2009-04-28.