Front page of 11 October 2016 issue
|Owner(s)||Namibia Media Holdings|
The Namibian Sun is a daily tabloid newspaper in Namibia. It was launched on 20 September 2007 as a weekly tabloid newspaper published on Thursdays. It had an initial print run of 36,000. The paper publishes mostly in English with some pages in Oshiwambo and targets a readership aged between 18 and 40. It has been published daily since 2010.
The Namibian Sun is published by Namibia Media Holdings (formerly Democratic Media Holdings) which also publishes Allgemeine Zeitung and Die Republikein. While AZ has a German-speaking readership, and Republikein targets Afrikaans speakers, the Namibian Sun focuses on an English-speaking audience. It is similar to the South African Daily Sun in layout and features.
- "NAB 'owns' in Namibia". bizcommunity.com. 14 September 2007. Retrieved 14 July 2010.
- Rothe, Andreas (2010). Media System and News Selections in Namibia. LIT Verlag. p. 36. Retrieved 5 November 2016.
- "Our History". Namibia Media Holdings. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "About Us". Namibia Media Holdings. Retrieved 5 November 2016.
- Rothe, Media System and News Selections in Namibia, p. 37.
- "Meeting with the Editor in Chief, The Namibian Sun, 12 January 2017". High Commission of Malaysia, Windhoek. Retrieved 3 March 2017.
- "New Editor for Namibian Sun". Namibian Sun. 17 April 2012. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 5 November 2016.