Namikatacho Hinokuchi, Imabari-shi, Ehime-ken 799-2102|
|Operated by||JR Shikoku|
|Line(s)||■ Yosan Line|
|Distance||152.3 km from Takamatsu Station|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Structure type||At grade|
|Bicycle facilities||Bike shed|
|Disabled access||No - steps to platforms|
|Opened||1 March 1960|
The station is served by the JR Shikoku Yosan Line and is located 152.3 km from the beginning of the line at Takamatsu Station. Only Yosan Line local trains stop at the station and they only serve the sector between Iyo-Saijō and Matsuyama. Connections with other local or limited express trains are needed to travel further east or west along the line.
The station, which is unstaffed, consists of two opposed side platforms serving two tracks. There is no station building, only weather shelters on the platforms. The entrance to the station is located at a road level crossing 100 metres away. From there, two long footpaths run parallel and on either side of the tracks, leading to the platforms. To cross from one platform to the other, it is necessary to walk down one footpath to the level crossing and then up the other. Parking lots, a bike shed and a toilet are also provided near the level crossing.
Japanese National Railways (JNR) opened the Namikata on 1 March 1960 as a new station on the existing Yosan Line. With the privatization of JNR on 1 April 1987, control of the station passed to JR Shikoku.
- "Shikoku Railway Route Map" (PDF). JR Shikoku. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- "波方" [Namikata]. hacchi-no-he.net. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- Kawashima, Ryōzō (2013). 図説: 日本の鉄道 四国・九州ライン 全線・全駅・全配線・第2巻 四国西部エリア [Japan Railways Illustrated. Shikoku and Kyushu. All lines, all stations, all track layouts. Volume 2 Western Shikoku] (in Japanese). Kodansha. pp. 15, 67. ISBN 9784062951616.
- "Namikata Station Timetable" (PDF). JR Shikoku. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "波方駅" [Namikata Station]. shikoku.org.uk. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- "波方" [Hashihama]. sanyukai.sakura.ne.jp. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). II. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. p. 637. ISBN 4533029809.
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). I. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. pp. 213–215. ISBN 4533029809.
|This Ehime Prefecture railroad station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|