Namitha Pramod in 2014
19 September 1996 |
Kumarakom, Kerala, India
|Education||St. Teresa's College|
Early life and education
Namitha was born in Kumarakom as the daughter of Pramod, a businessman and Indu, a housewife. She has a younger sister Akhita Pramod. She did her schooling at Carmel Girls Higher Secondary School in Thiruvananthapuram. She was enrolled at the St. Teresa's College to pursue a BA degree in Sociology in June 2014. She has stated that she was "not going to let [her] acting career compromise [her] studies".
Namitha started acting when she was in seventh standard by taking on roles in serials such as Vellankanni Mathavu where she played the role of Mathavu, Amme Devi where she played the role of Devi and Ente Manasa Puthri where she played Anjali. She made her debut in films when she acted as Riya, the dying daughter of Rahman and Lena, in Rajesh Pillai's critically acclaimed Traffic. In her next film Puthiya Theerangal she played her first lead role, playing a fisherwoman, opposite Nivin Pauly. It was followed by more lead roles in Sound Thoma with Dileep and Pullipulikalum Aattinkuttiyum with Kunchacko Boban in which she played a Mohiniyattam dancer. She was not trained in Mohiniyattam and learned the dance steps in Saranya Mohan's dance school in Alappuzha for four days. Both films were successful and she was selected as Top Star (Female) 2013 in Malayalam.
In 2014, she was first seen in En Kadhal Pudhithu, her debut Tamil film directed by Maaris Kumar which had a delayed release, followed by Lijin Jose's Law Point in which she played a modern, city bred girl named Maya. In Lal Jose's Vikramadithyan, she played the role of Deepika, a Konkani girl, which required her to speak a few lines in Konkani, a language she had never used before. Her next film Villali Veeran, in which she paired once again with Dileep, had her playing the role of an ad filmmaker. Her last release in 2014 was Ormayundo Ee Mukham, a romantic drama in which she was cast opposite Vineeth Sreenivasan.Her first release of 2015 was Chandrettan Evideya where she portrayed the role of Dr.Geethanjali along with Dileep and Anusree.her performance was critically acclaim and she went on to receive her first nomination at Filmfare for best supporting actress and also at SIIMA and IIFA Utsavam. Her next released Malayalam movie Amar Akbar Anthony starring Prithviraj, Jayasurya and Indrajith directed by popular stage artist Nadirshah where she played a role as a dancer was a blockbuster hit in Malayalam theatres.Her latest movie with Dhyan Sreenivasan was Adi Kapyare Kootamani directed by debutant John Varghese.The movie was declared superhit.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|Pullipulikalum Aattinkuttiyum||Kainakari Jayasree||Malayalam|
|2014||En Kaadhal Pudhithu||Nandini||Tamil|
|Ormayundo Ee Mukham||Nitya||Malayalam|
|2015||Chandrettan Evideya||Dr. Geethanjali/ Vasanthamallika||Malayalam|
|Amar Akbar Anthony||Jennie||Malayalam|
|Adi Kapyare Kootamani||Adhishta Lekshmi||Malayalam|
|Kammara Sambhavam||Malayalam||Post Production|
|2008||Ulladakkam||Cameo in Title Song||Amrita TV|
|2007||Vellankanni Mathavu||Mathavu||Surya TV|
|2007||Amme Devi||Devi||Surya TV|
|2013||Amrita Film Awards||New Face of the Year||Puthiya Theerangal||Thamara||Won|
|2013||2nd South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Female Debutant||Puthiya Theerangal||Thamara||Nominated|
|2014||Asianet Film Award||Popular Actress||Pullipulikalum Aattinkuttiyum||Kainakari Jayasree||Won|
|2014||Asianet Film Award||Best Actress||Pullipulikalum Aattinkuttiyum||Kainakari Jayasree||Nominated|
|2015||Asianet Film Award||Best Star Pair||Ormayundo Ee Mukham||Nithya||Won|
|2015||Asianet Film Award||Best Character Actress||Ormayundo Ee Mukham||Nithya||Nominated|
|2015||Vanitha Film Awards||Best Star Pair||Vikramadithyan||Deepika||Won|
|2015||4th South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Actress – Malayalam||Vikramadithyan||Deepika||Nominated|
|2016||Filmfare Awards||Best Supporting Actress – Malayalam||Chandrettan Evideya||Dr.Geethanjali/Vasanthamallika||Nominated|
|2016||1st IIFA Utsavam||Best Supporting Actress||Chandrettan Evideya||Dr.Geethanjali/Vasanthamallika||Nominated|
|2016||5th South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Supporting Actress – Malayalam||Chandrettan Evideya||Dr.Geethanjali/Vasanthamallika||Nominated|
|2016||Vanitha Film Awards||Most Popular Actress||Amar Akbar Anthony||Jennie||Won|
|Adi Kapyare Kootamani||Adhista Lekshmi|
|2016||Anand TV Awards||Best Actress||Chandrettan Evideya||Dr.Geethanjali/Vasanthamallika||Nominated|
- "Namitha Pramod turns 19". m.ibtimes.co.in.
- "എന്നെ വിട്ടുപോകാത്ത താമര, Interview – Mathrubhumi Movies". Mathrubhumi.com. 5 November 2012. Archived from the original on 7 January 2014. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- "Movies | Interviews |". Manorama Online. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- "Namitha Pramod: A shooting star". Deccan Chronicle. 18 August 2013. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- "Namitha, into the big league". IndiaGlitz. 25 July 2012. Retrieved 1 January 2013.
- "Role call". The Hindu. 29 September 2012. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- Nicy V.P (25 June 2014). "Interview: 'I Want to Be a Teacher', says Namitha Pramod". IB Times. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- Namitha Pramod's dream of working with Prithviraj comes true. Deccanchronicle.com (3 July 2014). Retrieved on 14 October 2015.
- Namitha Pramod plays a fisherwoman | Deccan Chronicle. Web.archive.org (11 July 2012). Retrieved on 14 October 2015.
- "സാധാരണ ജീവിതമാണ് ഇഷ്ടം". mangalam.com. 11 June 2013. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- "നമിത റോക്സ്, Interview – Mathrubhumi Movies". Mathrubhumi.com. 18 April 2013. Archived from the original on 24 October 2014. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- "The Movies Details/Reviews: TOP 10 HIGHEST GROSSING MALAYALAM MOVIES −2013". Themoviesdetails.blogspot.in. 9 January 2014. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- Trailing his mentor | Deccan Chronicle. Archives.deccanchronicle.com (7 March 2013). Retrieved on 14 October 2015.
- "Namitha going glam – The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 10 December 2013. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- "നമിതാ പ്രമോദ്." mangalam.com. 14 December 2012. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- Nambidi, Parvathy. (26 June 2014) 'Veeran' Set for Onam Arrival. The New Indian Express. Retrieved on 14 October 2015.
- "16th Ujala Asianet Film Awards 2014 – Winners List". Metromatinee.com. 11 January 2014. Archived from the original on 17 May 2014. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Namitha Pramod.|