|Years active||2008 – present|
Namrata Rao (born 15 April 1981) is an Indian film editor, who works in Hindi cinema, where starting with Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! (2008), she edited films like Ishqiya (2010), Band Baaja Baaraat (2010) and Kahaani (2012). She is most famous for editing and acting in the film Love Sex Aur Dhokha (2010) for which she received the Filmfare Award for Best Editing in 2011. She received National Film Award for Best Editing and Filmfare Award for Best Editing for the critically acclaimed Kahaani (2012).
Early life and education
- Baba Black Beard (Short, 2006)
- I'm The Very Beautiful! (Documentary, 2006)
- Mila Kya? (Documentary, 2007)
- Three Blind Men (Documentary, 2007)
- Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! (2008)
- Dahleez Paar (Documentary, 2008)
- Ishqiya (2010)
- Love Sex Aur Dhokha (2010)
- Band Baaja Baaraat (2010)
- Ladies vs Ricky Bahl (2011)
- Kahaani (2012)
- Life Ki Toh Lag Gayi (2012)
- Shanghai (2012)
- Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012)
- Shuddh Desi Romance (2013)
- 2 States (2014)
- Titli (2014)
- Katiyabaaz (Documentary, 2014)
- Ahalya (Short, 2015)
- Detective Byomkesh Bakshy! (2015)
- Dum Laga Ke Haisha (2015)
- Fan (2016)
- Kahaani 2 (2016)
- Befikre (2016)
- Anukul (2017)
- Thugs of Hindostan (2018)
|2012||National Film Awards||Best Editing||Kahaani |
|2011||Filmfare Awards||Best Editing||Love Sex aur Dhokha |
|2011||IIFA Awards||Best Editing||Band Baaja Baaraat |
|2011||Colors Screen Awards||Best Editing||Band Baaja Baaraat|
|2013||Zee Cine Awards||Best Editing|
|2013||Times of India Film Awards||Best Editing|
- "A signature cut". The Hindu. 25 March 2012.
- "The Best Cut". The Indian Express. 4 March 2012.
- Film editor Namrata Rao ki "Kahaani" Career360, 14 July 2012.
- "60th National Film Awards Announced" (PDF) (Press release). Press Information Bureau (PIB), India. Retrieved 18 March 2013.
- "Namrata Rao is flying high". The Times of India. 3 October 2011.
- 'Band Baaja Baaraat' wins three IIFA Awards CNN-IBN, 25 June 2011.