Namrata Singh Gujral
|Namrata Singh Gujral|
Namrata Singh Gujral on the set of Americanizing Shelley
February 26, 1976 |
Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh, India
|Occupation||Film, television actress|
Namrata Singh Gujral (born February 26, 1976) is an Indian-American actress.
Life and career
In 2013, she was treated for Burkitt's lymphoma. She was treated with aggressive chemotherapy including intrathecal chemotherapy at City of Hope for six months. The cause of lymphoma was prior chemotherapy from 2008 for breast cancer. In 2013, Gujral was in remission from both cancers.
Earlier in 2008, Gujral was treated for early stage, invasive breast cancer. She underwent surgery and chemotherapy. She hosts Thrive! With Namrata, a panel based show with cancer survivors on the Thrive Channel. She is featured in Uniglobe Entertainment's cancer docu-drama titled 1 a Minute released in 600 theaters. This is the largest release to date for a cancer-related film in cinema history. The docudrama is directed and produced by Gujral and also stars breast cancer survivors Olivia Newton-John, Diahann Carroll, Melissa Etheridge, Mumtaz, Jaclyn Smith and cancer survivors Lisa Ray, Barbara Mori and cancer treatment advocates Deepak Chopra, William Baldwin, Daniel Baldwin, Priya Dutt and Nancy Brinker. This marked Gujral's directorial debut.
Gujral made her singing debut with the single Dancin' In The Clouds, an American country rock meets Bollywood style duet, with country star Steve Azar, currently playing on Country Music Television. The single also features on MTV and VH1. Hollywood composer Jay Ferguson of Spirit and Jo Jo Gunne fame produced the single, reportedly making her the first American artist with Eastern roots to be featured on CMT.
- AskMen.Com's "Actress-Of-The-Week" in November 2007.
- For her role as Saira Ahmed on the CBS series Family Law, Gujral, along with co-stars Tony Danza and Kathleen Quinlan, were Columbia TriStar's official nomination for the 2002 Emmy Awards.
- Destination Survival (2015)
- You Can Thrive (2015)
- Ultimate Survivor (2015)
- Thrive! With Namrata (2015)
- 1 a Minute (2010)
- STILL (2010)
- Americanizing Shelley (2007)
- Kaante (2002)
- House of Sand and Fog (2003)
- Mitsein (2009)
- The Agency CBS – (2001–2002)
- Passions NBC – (2001–2005)
- Family Law (2001)
- Dragnet (2004)
- Training Day (2001)
|2007||"Dancin' in the Clouds" (with Steve Azar)|
- Raj Girn (2007-04-01). "Namrata Singh Gujral Carves Her Own Niche In Hollywood". ANOKHI. Retrieved 2015-07-16.
- Lisa Tsering (2013-08-06). "Actress fights lymphoma Urges Community Awareness". India West. Retrieved 2015-06-28.
- "Thrive with Namrata". Thrive Channel. Retrieved 2015-06-28.
- "Steve Azar & Namrata Singh Gujral "Dancin' in the Clouds"". CMT. Retrieved 2015-06-28.
- Namrata Singh Gujral, AskMen.com; retrieved January 1, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Namrata Singh Gujral.|