|Directed by||Aji John|
|Produced by||Joy Thomas Sakthikulangara|
|Starring||Anoop Menon |
|Music by||Ratheesh Vegha|
|Distributed by||Jithin Arts|
Namukku Parkkan (Malayalam: നമുക്ക് പാർക്കാൻ) is a 2012 Malayalam film directed by Aji John, starring Anoop Menon and Meghna Raj in the lead roles. Jayasurya plays a pivotal guest appearance, while Mohanlal makes a vocal appearance in the film.
Namukku Parkkan reflects the realities of a middle class Malayali family. Rajeev (Anoop Menon) is a veterinary surgeon and his wife Renuka (Meghna Raj) is a primary school teacher. They have two school-going daughters. They live in a small house and doesn't have a proper bathroom ,one day somebody peeps in when meghana was bathing. They lead a happy and contended life, but they have a dream and that is to own a house. They have plans for their ideal house, a house merging with nature, with lots of trees and a lovely garden and cattle roaming the compound. But the dream is beyond their means. All others in their family own houses. But Rajeev and family still live in a rented house. On top of that, Rajeev has been served with a note to vacate the house. He has asked for some grace period till he finds a new house. Then an unexpected incident in his life makes it inevitable for him to build a house. He sets out on a journey to own a house and the realities he encounters in his journey form the rest of the story. C.I. Velu Nagarajan(Jayasurya) a Kannada police officer residing in Kerala "helps" Rajeev and rest of the story is of the other incidents he faces.
- Anoop Menon as Rajeev, as a man who dreams high of establishing a house for his loving family.
- Meghana Raj as Renuka, as the wife of Rajeev
- Janardhanan as Krishnan Ammavan
- Jayasurya as C.I. Velu Nagarajan, as Kannada speaking sub-inspector (Guest Appearance)
- Mohanlal (voice)
- Ashokan as K.K
- Keerthana Sabarish
- Tini Tom as Balan
- Sudheer Karamana
- Geetha Vijayan
- Kalabhavan Shajon
The music rights of movie was obtained by Sathyam Audios for a record price close to ₹13 lakh, which is the highest price in Malayalam film industry, beating the previous record of Urumi. Movie as a whole was rated as average by Sify and Rediff review with rediff calling Anoop Menon's acting impressive.
- "Namukku Parkkan: Malayalam Movie Review | Profile Synopsis, Namukku Parkkan Malayalam Movie Photo Gallery | Stills | Video Gallery, Malayalam Movie Namukku Parkkan Downloads, Malayalam Movie Namukku Parkkan Songs And Videos, Trailer, Malayalam Movie Namukku Parkkan Cast And Crew". Metromatinee.com. Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- Sanjith Sidhardhan (1 May 2012). "Ali John, Anoop Menon to bring back old era - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- "'Namukku Parkkan' beats 'Urumi'". The Times of India. 27 April 2012.
- "Namukku Parkkaan". Sify.com. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- Palicha, Paresh C (2 July 2012). "Review: Namukku Parkkan is just average". Rediff Movies. Retrieved 26 March 2019.