Her poetry collections are Rope Bridge (Cherry Grove, 2005) and Unfinished City (Gunpowder Press, 2007). Cohen's poems have appeared in Tikkun, Poetry International, Prairie Schooner, The Prentice-Hall Anthology of Women's Literature, Ploughshares Prairie Schooner, Western Humanities Review, Nimrod, The San Francisco Review, Response: A Contemporary Jewish Review, Hayden's Ferry Review, and other magazines and anthologies.
Cohen has taught literature and creative writing at Viewpoint School, community college, and university levels, at the Stanford Medical School, and in the Master of Professional Writing Program at the University of Southern California. She lives with her husband and daughter in Los Angeles.
Her awards and honors include a 2003 NEA (National Endowment for the Arts) Fellowship and a Rona Jaffe Writer's Award. She also has received a Stegner Fellowship and Jones Lectureship in poetry at Stanford University.
- "A Newborn Girl at Passover", poemhunter
- "A Northern Winter", "Rope Bridge", "Distinguished Poet of a Small Country", "Horatio", Cherry Grove
- "Girder", Verse Daily
- Rope Bridge. Wordtech Communications. March 2005. ISBN 978-1-932339-77-2.
-  Web page titled "Nan Cohen", accessed November 19, 2006 Archived November 2, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
-  National Endowment of the Arts Web site, Web page titled "Writer's Corner", accessed November 19, 2006
-  Web site for Ploughshares, Web page titled "Authors and articles ... Nan Cohen", Web page last updated "09/08/06", accessed November 19, 2006