Nana at a public performance with Orange Caramel in 2015
September 14, 1991
Cheongju, North Chungcheong, South Korea
|Education||Seoul Institute of the Arts|
|Website||After School's Website|
|Revised Romanization||Im Jin-a|
Im Jin-ah (born September 14, 1991), better known by her stage name Nana, is a South Korean singer and actress. She is a member of the South Korean girl group After School and its subgroup Orange Caramel.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Career
- 3 Personal life
- 4 Endorsements
- 5 Discography
- 6 Filmography
- 7 Awards and nominations
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Nana was born on September 14, 1991. She graduated from Ochang High School in Cheongju, and was a participant in the 2009 Asia Pacific Super Model Contest. Nana is a licensed makeup artist and is a member of the Makeup Artists Association.
2009–2013: Debut with After School and Orange Caramel
In November 2009, Nana debuted in After School along with Raina as third generation members with the release of After School's second EP, Because of You. In June 2010, Nana, along with After School members Raina and Lizzy, formed a sub-unit called Orange Caramel. Nana's first solo song, "Close Your Eyes", was included on Orange Caramel's third single, "Shanghai Romance".
In July 2011, Nana was part of the After School sub-unit A.S. Red along with After School members Kahi, Jungah and Uee, releasing the single "In the Night Sky". In September 2011, she was chosen as the main model for the Tokyo Girls Collection fashion show.
In March 2012, Nana again modeled for Tokyo Girls Collection, walking the S/S 2012 show. She was also a model for the Japanese fashion show Girls' Award and Park Yoon-yoo's Seoul Fashion Walk S/S 2012. In June 2012, After School released their fifth maxi-single Flashback. Nana has a solo song on it titled "Eyeline". In December she joined fellow K-pop stars Hyolyn, Hyuna, Hyoseong, and Nicole to form super group Dazzling Red for SBS Gayo Daejun, performing the song "This Person". She also became the endorsement model for the biggest diet brand in Korea, Juvis. Nana was also a permanent panelist on the Japanese fashion TV show, Tokyo Brandnew Girls.
In April 2013, Nana collaborated with Electroboyz on their single "Ma Boy 3". In December 2013, Nana placed second on the Independent Critics List of 100 Most Beautiful Faces of 2013. She rose to the top position in 2014, and placed first again in 2015.
2014–present: Roommate and start of acting career
In March 2014, it was announced that Nana would be a member on a new SBS variety show called Roommate. The show features 11 celebrities living in one house. In April, Nana became the host for the second season of OnStyle's Style Log, along with Hong Jong-hyun and Cho Min-ho. In August 2014, Nana participated in the Chinese fashion elimination show Muse Dress. While on the show, Nana was praised by the judges for her sense and style, and emerged runner-up in the competition. The second season of Roommate began airing on September 21, with Nana returning as a cast member. She also had a cameo role in the Korean film Fashion King, which was released on November 6, 2014. In November 2014, Nana was cast in the Chinese television drama, Love Weaves Through a Millennium, a remake of the Korean drama Queen In-hyun's Man (2012). The drama aired in February 2015 on Hunan TV.
In April 2015, Nana walked the Girls Award S/S 2015 Fashion Show in Tokyo. In June, Nana was cast in the Chinese romantic comedy film Go Lala Go 2, the sequel to Go Lala Go! In October, Nana again modelled for Girls Award, walking their A/W 2015 Fashion Show.
In February 2016, Nana joined the cast of Real Men for the fourth season's female soldier special. Later in the year, she was cast in a supporting role in the television drama The Good Wife. The drama is a remake of the American series of the same name, and began airing on tvN in July 2016. Nana earned positive reviews for her role as Kim Dan.
Nana received the Rookie Actress award at the 2016 Asia Artist Awards, which took place on November 16.
She is currently attending Seoul Institute of the Arts (SeoulArts), formally known as Seoul Art College.
She studied acting for two years in preparation for her debut role.
In 2014, Nana became the main endorsement model for Daigaku Honyaku Center. Her contract with the company was renewed in April 2016. She also became the model for Skechers, FOSSIL, Alton Sports Bike with Hong Jong-hyun and Baskin Robbins and Tving with Orange Caramel. She was also chosen as the model for Cordajour in Japan.
In 2015, Nana became the model for Xtep Sports and Kafellon in China. She also became the model for mobile game OST Chronicle, Miero Fiber, Mad for Garlic, Memebox, GLAMM, waterpark Ocean World with Lee Kwang-soo and fashion brand Bcuz with group-mate Lizzy.
In 2016, she gained an endorsement with Yves Saint Laurent's cosmetics line and appeared in High Cut magazine modeling the products in September and later appeared in another issue in February 2017.
In 2017, Nana became the model and spokeswoman for Puma (brand) Women's "DoYou" campaign for women's athletic apparel and shoes.
|2011||"Close Your Eyes"||Shanghai Romance & Lipstick|
|2013||"Sleeping Forest (眠れる森)"||Orange Caramel|
|2012||"This Person"||Dazzling Red||Charity single|
|2013||"Ma Boy 3"||Electroboyz||In Love|
|"Just a Moment"||Hello Venus||Would You Stay for Tea?||Narration|
|2011||White: The Melody of the Curse||Herself||Cameo|
|2014||Fashion King||Kim Hae-na|
|2015||Go Lala Go 2||Sha Dangdang||Supporting role|
|2006–2007||High Kick!||Cameo||MBC|
|2015||Love Weaves Through a Millennium (相愛穿梭千年)||Zhao Nana||Hunan Television|
|2016||The Good Wife||Kim Dan||tvN|
|2010||1000 Song Challenge||SBS||Guest||with Kim Jungah|
|Playgirlz School||MBC||Cast member|
|2011||Quiz to Change the World||Guest||with Kahi|
|Weekly Idol||MBC Every 1||with Orange Caramel|
|Gag Concert||KBS||with Uee and Raina|
|1000 Song Challenge||SBS||with Kim Jungah, Raina, E-Young|
|2012||Tokyo Brand New Girls||Fixed panelist|
|Weekly Idol||MBC Every 1||Guest||with After School|
|Chuseok Wrestling Special||with E-Young, Kaeun, Raina, Lizzy|
|Dream Team||with E-Young, Raina, Kim Jungah|
|This is Magic||MBC||with Raina|
|2013||Radio Star||with Lizzy|
|ON! Faitin Korea||with Kaeun, Lee Jooyeon|
|Hidden Singer||JTBC||with Lee Jooyeon, Raina|
|Quiz to Change the World||MBC||Guest||with Raina, Lizzy|
|Beatles Code 3D|
|Muse Dress||Fixed member||Runner-up in competition overall|
|Weekly Idol||MBC Every 1||Guest||with Orange Caramel|
|Seventeen Project||MBC Music||with After School, Episode 6|
|Celebrity MasterChef Season 2||Dragon TV||Challenger Contestant||Chininese variety show|
|Real Men: Female Special||MBC||Guest||Season 4 (Episode 146 and 147)|
Music video appearances
|"Like A Fool"||Honey Dew|
Awards and nominations
|2014||Style Icon Awards||K-Beauty Icon ||N/A||Won|
|2016||5th APAN Star Awards||Best New Actress||
|9th Korea Drama Awards||Best New Actress||Nominated|
|1st Asia Artist Awards||Best Rookie Award, Actress||Won|
|2017||53rd Baeksang Arts Awards||Best New Actress (Television)||Nominated|
- "Nana's profile" (in Korean). Pledis Entertainment. Archived from the original on December 5, 2014. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "After School artist info". Hanteo Chart. Hanteo Information System. Retrieved October 30, 2014.
- Kwon Seok-jeong (August 31, 2014). "'룸메이트' 나나 고등학교 졸업사진 공개 세상에나 지금하고 똑같아!". TenAsia (in Korean). Retrieved February 27, 2015.
- Choi EunHwa (February 10, 2012). "Nana Finding Success in Japan as Model". enewsWorld. Mwave. Retrieved February 15, 2015.
- "Orange Caramel′s NANA". enewsWorld. Mwave. July 20, 2014. Retrieved February 15, 2015.
- "[쿠키人터뷰] 애프터스쿨 "크리스마스 선물로 1위 트로피 받고 싶어요"". news.kukinews.com. Retrieved 2016-07-31.
- "After School Red". KBS World Radio. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- jbarky (2011-08-31). "After School's Nana Chosen as Main Model for "Tokyo Girls Collection"". Soompi. Retrieved 2016-07-30.
- Lee Hyun-jae (June 22, 2012). "After School returns to Korea after Kahi's departure". The Korea Herald. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- Benjamin, Jeff (December 28, 2012). "The Color of K-Pop: HyunA, Yo Seob and K-Pop All-Stars Unite for Charity Singles". Billboard. Retrieved March 19, 2013.
- Ho, Stewart (June 25, 2012). "After School's Nana's Untouched Images Receive Praise". CJ E&M enewsWorld. Retrieved July 30, 2016.
- "'미라클 몸매' 애프터스쿨 나나, CG보다 완벽한 무보정 직찍 화제". 네이트뉴스 (in Korean). Retrieved 2016-07-31.
- Ho, Stewart (March 29, 2012). "Girls' Generation, After School Set to Appear on Japanese Variety Programs". enewsWorld. Mwave. Retrieved February 15, 2015.
- Corporation, 株式会社テレビ東京 - TV TOKYO. "今、本当に女の子が欲しい最新情報満載！毎週木曜日 深夜1:50～テレビ東京にてO.A.". TOKYO BRANDNEW GIRLS：テレビ東京 (テレ東TBG). Retrieved 2016-07-31.
- "나나 1위 미녀로 뽑은 'TC캔들러닷컴' 공신력 보니…". 헤럴드경제 (in Korean).
- "나나가 '세계 1위 미모'라고 누가 정했는지 봤더니...". 스포츠조선 (in Korean).
- "나나 1위 미녀로 뽑은 'TC캔들러닷컴' 믿을만 한가?". SBS-CNBC (in Korean).
- "가장 아름다운 얼굴 나나, 누리꾼들 '공신력 없는 사이트 순위 왜 화제되나?' 의문제기". 헤럴드POP (in Korean).
- "KPOP NEWS - After School's Nana to Sing 'Ma Boy 3' with Electroboyz | Mwave". mwave.interest.me. Retrieved 2016-07-31.
- "AS 나나, 전세계 미모 2위…태연 9위·수지 14위". 네이트뉴스 (in Korean). Retrieved 2016-07-31.
- "나나, '2014 세계 미녀' 1위…수지 11위-고아라 17위". Retrieved 2016-07-31.
- "나나, 2년 연속 '세계에서 가장 아름다운 얼굴 1위'". Retrieved 2016-07-31.
- "K-Pop Star Nana Named "Most Beautiful Face in the World"". Fuse TV. Retrieved February 29, 2016.
- Jin Eun-soo (March 28, 2014). "Cast confirmed for 'Roommate'". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (March 24, 2014). "Hong Jong Hyun, After School's Nana and Cho Min Ho to Host New Season of 'Style Log'". Mnet America. Retrieved February 15, 2015.
- "After School's Nana to appear on Chinese fashion show". The Korea Times. August 3, 2014. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- Kim Hee-eun (April 15, 2014). "Nana to make a movie cameo". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- "나나, 中 드라마 '황후의 남자' 캐스팅…유일한 韓 배우". Retrieved 2016-07-31.
- Ha Soo Jung; Yeawon Jung (November 28, 2014). "After School's Nana Cast in Chinese Drama 'Empress' Man'". Newsen. Mwave. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- "플레디스 "나나, 中 영화 '두랍랍2' 촬영…배우로 변신"". The Fact (in Korean).
- "'진사' 측 "공현주·나나·차오루·이채영 여군4기 확정…의무학교行" [공식입장]". Retrieved 2016-07-31.
- Ahn Sung-mi (February 16, 2016). "Eight female stars enter military". K-Pop Herald. Retrieved March 25, 2016.
- Park Jin-hai (July 3, 2016). "Jeon Do-yeon returns with "Good Wife"". The Korea Times. Retrieved July 13, 2016.
- "[스타톡톡] '굿와이프' 나나, 누가 걱정했나? 전도연 칭찬 이유 있었다". Retrieved 2016-07-31.
- "[피플IS]혜리 이어 나나… "아이돌 연기, 속단말자"". Retrieved 2016-07-31.
- "나나, DHC 모델 재계약 성공 : 스포츠조선". sports.chosun.com. Retrieved 2016-07-30.
- "After School's Nana shows off her beautiful hair with "Cordajour" hair products". 2015-01-19. Retrieved 2016-07-31.
- Here, Your Name. "Xtep". www.xtep.com.hk. Retrieved 2016-07-30.
- "Daily K Pop News: After School's Nana is new Kafellon model". Retrieved 2016-07-30.
- streamside (2015-06-23). "Lee Kwang Soo and After School's Nana Show Off Beach Bodies in Ocean World Advertisement". Soompi. Retrieved 2016-07-30.
- Kim, Eun-jeong. "진짜 사나이 여군특집 4기, 김성은·공현주·나나·전효성 등…'비주얼 멤버' 특집?". Nate (in Korean). Herald Pop. Retrieved February 14, 2016.
- Benjamin, Jeff (October 28, 2014). "Diplo, Girls' Generation-TTS, 4Minute, CL & More Shine at 2014 Style Icon Awards". Billboard.com. Retrieved October 30, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nana.|