|Address||3-3/1 Sukhumvit Soi 4, Sukhumvit Road|
|Public transit||Nana BTS station|
Nana Plaza (formerly Nana Entertainment Plaza) is an entertainment complex and red-light district in Bangkok, Thailand. Originally built as a shopping center, Nana Plaza occupies a three-story commercial building in the Khlong Toei District of Bangkok about 300 metres (330 yd) from the BTS Skytrain's Nana Station. It describes itself as the "worlds largest adult playground". Its name originates from the influential, property-holding Nana family, Lek Nana being the most prominent member.
The plaza's U-shaped building is roughly square-shaped, with a single opening on the west side, and consists of a ground floor and two additional floors arranged around a courtyard. It started as a restaurant and shopping center in the late-1970s. During the early-1980s, a few go-go bars appeared and gradually replaced the shops and restaurants. By the mid-1980s around twenty go-go bars had opened in the three-level court, taking advantage of the expansion of tourist hotels in the area.
In 2012 Nana Plaza was sold to a Thai JVC company Nana Partners Co Ltd., co-owned by Fico corporation and Panthera Group (formally known as Eclipse group) – one of Thailand's largest bar and nightclub operators – for a rumored US$25,000,000 after the land was inherited by seven sisters who wanted nothing to do with a red-light area. Panthera Group renovated the complex, becoming the landlord and providing the management and security services.
Three short-time hotels, one of which has been renovated, operate on the top floor. Short-time hotels rent out rooms by the hour or more to patrons to take a bargirl for sex. Most bar girls in Nana Plaza will leave with customers upon payment of a bar fine. Smoking is banned indoors. There are two elevators, one on each side. The elevator on the north side is directly behind the big staircase going to the first floor: walk between the staircase and the wall, on the side opposite Lollipops. The elevator on the south side is at roughly the far end of the escalator: walk past the shrine, escalator on your right, beer bar area on your left. The building closes at 03:00 and lies dormant until the following evening. In 2016 two waitresses in the plaza's Bangkok Bunnies go-go bar said that they received monthly wages equivalent to £130 (US$165) and daily tips equivalent to £11–16 (US$14–20). This compares with a 2016 average monthly wage in Thailand of around 13,800 baht (US$388).
- "Contact". Nana Plaza. Retrieved 12 January 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Nana Plaza: A Guide". What's on Sukhumvit. Retrieved 2018-11-29. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Central Information Services, LLC (2006). Bangkok for Shy Guys: No-nonsense Travel Guide for Shy Independent Male Travelers. Central Information Services, LLC. p. 140. ISBN 9780978994303.
- Radu (2018-07-26). "Top 10 Go-Go Bars at Nana Plaza, Bangkok". Overseas Attractions. Retrieved 2018-11-29. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Nana Plaza". Nana Plaza. Retrieved 25 March 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Askew, Marc (2004). Bangkok: Place, Practice and Representation. Routledge. p. 259. ISBN 9781134659852.
- "After taking control of Nana Plaza our goals were simple". Panthera Group.
- "Maps". Nana Plaza. Retrieved 2018-11-29. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Smith, Nicola (16 October 2016). "Thailand's red light district switches off to mourn the passing of King Bhumibol". The Telegraph. Retrieved 2018-11-29. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Thailand Average Monthly Wages - Forecast". IECONOMICS. Retrieved 2018-11-29. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)[not specific enough to verify]
- "Nana Plaza - The Worlds Largest Adult Playground". Deranged Society. 2017-12-25. Archived from the original on 2018-07-03. Retrieved 2018-11-29. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Nana Red Light District Guide with Map of Nana Entertainment Plaza". Bangkok Red Eye. Retrieved 2018-11-29. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nana Plaza.|