|Born||20 September 1898|
8 January 1973(aged 74)
Narayan Bhikaji Parulekar commonly referred as Nanasaheb Parulekar (20 September 1898 – 8 January 1973), was the Founding Editor of Sakal, a Marathi daily newspaper, launched in January 1932. He also remained the Chairman of the Press Trust of India.
Today, Sakal is the flagship daily of Pune-based Sakal Media Group, which also runs newspapers including Sakaal Times and Gomantak, and sells almost 300,000 copies in Pune district and over 1,000,000 copies across Maharashtra.
- the birth centenary of founder editor of Marathi daily Sakal and former chairman of Press Trust of India.. Indian Express, 28 July 1998.
- Nanasaheb Parulekar, Biography
- Sakaal Times launched in Pune BS Reporter, Business Standard, Pune 7 May 2008.
- "Padma Awards" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2015. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- Nanasaheb Parulekar Media credibility, by S. K. Aggarwal. Mittal Publications, 1989. ISBN 81-7099-157-9. p. 228.