Nanbu Town Office
Location of Nanbu in Tottori Prefecture
|• Total||114.03 km2 (44.03 sq mi)|
|Population (June 1, 2016)|
|• Density||95.5/km2 (247/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+9 (JST)|
Nanbu (南部町 Nanbu-chō) is a town located in Saihaku District, Tottori Prefecture, Japan. Nanbu was founded on October 1, 2004 from the merger of the towns of Saihaku and Aimi, both from Saihaku District. As of 2016, the town has an estimated population of 10,888 and a density of 95.5 persons per km². The total area is 114.03 square kilometres (44.03 sq mi).
Nanbu is home to Tottori Hanakairo-Flower Park (とっとり花回廊 Tottori Hanakairō), Japan's largest floral theme park. It features extensive gardens, multi-lingual guide pamphlets, and a large indoor orchid cultivation area.
Nanbu, while located in Tottori Prefecture, borders on Shimane Prefecture.
Nanbu is connected to Yonago by bus.
- Hinomaru Bus Limited runs numerous routes between bus stops around Nanbu and Yonago city proper.
- Nanbu Fureai Bus Lines, a community bus line, connects most areas within Nanbu, as well as a few points in Yasugi, Shimane Prefecture.
- National Route
- Prefectural Routes
- Tottori Prefecture Route 1
- Tottori Prefecture Route 35
- Tottori Prefecture Route 104
- Tottori Prefecture Route 160
- Tottori Prefecture Route 244
- Tottori Prefecture Route 454