Nancledra is a village in west Cornwall, England, UK. It is three miles (5 km) south of St Ives and four miles (6.5 km) north-northeast of Penzance. Nancledra is a small village with a population of around 150. The village is in Towednack civil parish in the former mining area of Penwith peninsula.
A pub, The Engine Inn, is situated at Cripplesease just outside the village, but Nancledra has no village shop or Post Office. Nancledra School is situated one mile north of the village on the lane to Towednack at grid reference .
The name of the village probably means valley of Clodri or valley of Cludri.
- Ordnance Survey: Landranger map sheet 203 Land's End ISBN 978-0-319-23148-7
- The Engine Inn Engine Inn website
- Nancledra School Nancledra School website
- Padel, O.J. (1988) A Popular Dictionary of Cornish Place-names. Penzance: Alison Hodge. ISBN 0-906720-15-X
- "Volunteer run Penwith Radio to change its name to Coast FM". falmouthpacket.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-02-04.
Media related to Nancledra at Wikimedia Commons
|This Cornwall location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|