||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Nancy Beiman is a director, character designer, teacher, and animator. She attended the Character Animation program at CalArts.
In 1986, Beiman cofounded Caged Beagle Productions with business partner Dean Yeagle. She then moved to Berlin, Germany where she directed and animated for Gerhard Hahn Film Productions. In 1989, she was a supervising animator at Steven Spielberg's Amblin' studio in London.
Nancy Beiman was also served as animator for the movie The Brave Little Toaster (1987), the television movie Snoopy: The Musical (1988), the movie Jetsons: The Movie (1990), the television series Bobby's World was produced by Film Roman, Lee Mendelson Film Productions and Alevy Productions, Inc., and the movie Asterix Conquers America (1994).
Beiman currently teaches storyboard at Sheridan College's Animation department in Canada. Beiman previously taught animation at Savannah College of Art and Design, and taught animation, character design, layout, storyboard and gesture drawing at Rochester Institute of Technology, School of Film & Animation from 2004 to 2008.
Beiman is the author of two books on animation acting and storyboard: Prepare to Board! and Animated Performance. Her interviews with animation artists appeared in Cartoonist Profiles magazine from 1982 to 1995.
- Winsa, Patty (30 April 2010). "Wonderland swaps Scooby Doo for Snoopy". Toronto Star. Retrieved 14 April 2012.
- Murdock, Kelly L (April 16, 2007). "Book Reviews: Storyboards, Motion in Art & Prepare to Board!". awn.com. Retrieved November 14, 2012.
- Krause, Fran (October 19, 2010). "Book Review: Animated Performance". awn.com. Retrieved November 14, 2012.
- Borgna, Brandon (5 January 2007). "RIT Student Filmmakers Recognized at International Animation Festival". RIT University News. Retrieved 4 May 2012.
- Nancy Beiman at the Internet Movie Database
- The Demon Duck of Doom (Nancy Beiman's blog)
- Meet the Character Animator: NANCY BEIMAN article
- Interview with Beiman at FLIP animation magazine Retrieved March 2013
|This article relating to an American animator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|