Dell'Olio, London, November 2011
23 August 1961
New York City, New York, United States
|Television||Strictly Come Dancing (2011)
Celebrity Big Brother (2016)
|Partner(s)||Sven-Göran Eriksson (1998—2007)
Trevor Nunn (2011)
Dell'Olio was born in New York in 1961 where her mother Antonia was born and her immigrant father ran a series of delicatessens. She is the eldest of four children; when she was five her family moved back to Italy, to the town of Bisceglie in the Province of Barletta-Andria-Trani (Puglia).
In 2005, Dell'Olio hosted the show Footballers' Cribs on MTV. She gave viewers tours of the luxury homes of English football players. "Nancy is a dream signing for us," said series executive producer Sean Murphy. "She's the first lady of football, so is in the perfect position to give us a real insider's view."
In June 2007, Dell'Olio had an autobiography published titled My Beautiful Game, better known in publishing circles as My Life On The Game.
On 5 January 2016, it was revealed that Dell'Olio would be one of the sixteen housemates competing in the seventeenth series of Celebrity Big Brother. She entered on Day 1. She became the second housemate to be evicted on Day 11.
Dell'Olio has visited British Red Cross projects in the UK and in Kenya. She stated, "I have always been a great admirer of the principles and values behind the work of the Red Cross. The thing that really impressed me is that the Red Cross seems to go everywhere, more than any other charity."
Dell'Olio is the chairwoman of Truce International, the British-based charity she founded with Eriksson, which aims to use football as a means of uniting people in areas affected by war.
In May 1998, Dell'Olio was introduced to Sven-Göran Eriksson, the manager of the Lazio football team, and they began a relationship six months later. In 2001, Eriksson became manager of the England team, and he and Dell'Olio relocated to London. In early 2002, Eriksson had a short-lived affair with television presenter Ulrika Jonsson, but he returned to Dell'Olio.
As of May 2011[update] Dell'Olio was in a relationship with Sir Trevor Nunn, but by the end of the year it was reported the relationship had ended. In December 2011 she lost a High Court libel action against Associated Newspapers, publishers of the Daily Mail newspaper, over an article that referred to her as a “man eater”.
- Barnes, Marcus (25 August 2011). "Nancy Delio ... celebrates 50th birthday". London: Daily Mail. Retrieved 14 October 2011.
- Lane, Harriet (8 June 2003). "The Observer Profile: Nancy Dell'Olio – Sven's star striker". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 14 October 2011.
- Thompson, Jody (3 June 2011). "'I'm almost 50!' Nancy Dell'Olio comes clean about her age as she takes Sir Trevor Nunn for another romantic break in Italy". London: Daily Mail. Retrieved 14 October 2011.
- "Nancy Dell'Olio to peek into footballers' homes". Hello!. 10 June 2005. Retrieved 24 September 2011.
- O'Kelly, Lisa (24 June 2007). "Nancy scores again – Book review (My beautiful game by Nancy Dell'Olio)". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 14 October 2011.
- "The Feral Beast: Future job prospects". The Independent. London. 14 December 2008. Retrieved 24 September 2011.
- "Strictly Come Dancing signs up Lulu and Edwina Currie". BBC News. British Broadcasting Corporation. 6 September 2011. Retrieved 6 September 2011.
- Hogan, Michael (30 October 2011). "Nancy Dell'Olio knocked out of Strictly Come Dancing". The Telegraph. London. Retrieved 1 November 2011.
- Pollard, Chris (23 February 2012). "Your Sunday service. Nancy Dell'Olio joins The Sun on Sunday team Just three days to go.." The Sun (United Kingdom). London. Retrieved 23 February 2012.
- Mapstone, Lucy (5 January 2016). "Strictly siren Kristina Rihanoff, Kim Kardashian's BFF Jonathan Cheban and troubled Danniella Westbrook among 16 stars confirmed for Celebrity Big Brother". Daily Mail. Retrieved 5 January 2016.
- "Nancy Dell'Olio". BritishRedCross. Retrieved 24 September 2011.
- Truce – Peace Through The Passion For Football
- "Members". accademiapulia.org. Retrieved 24 September 2011.
- Roy, Amit (9 August 2004). "Faria drags Salman into Sven sleaze fest". The Telegraph. Calcutta, India.
- Walker, Tim; Eden, Richard (1 May 2011). "Sven-Goran Eriksson's former lover Nancy Dell'Olio insists: 'I'm drawn to men of passion'". The Telegraph. London. Retrieved 24 September 2011.
- "Nancy Dell'Olio loses court action over "man eater" newspaper comments". The Telegraph. December 20, 2011.