|Education||LeMoyne College (B.A., 1971)|
Fordham University (M.A., 1973)
University of Pennsylvania (M.A., 1977; Ph.D., 1984)
|Institutions||University at Albany, SUNY|
|Thesis||Factors influencing young women's transitions among multiple role combinations: U.S. 1968-73 (1984)|
Nancy Anne Denton is an American sociologist. She is a professor of sociology at the University at Albany, SUNY, where she Professor Emeritus. SUNY Albany, where Dr. Havidan Rodriguez (a noted Sociologist) is currently the president of the university. She is known for her research on racial segregation in the United States with Douglas Massey, with whom she co-authored the book American Apartheid. A book, well reviewed by the Los Angeles Times, when first published. Upon retiring from SUNY Albany, she received the Robert and Helen Lynd Lifetime Achievement Award from the Community and Urban Sociology section from the American Sociological Association  Works at Stanford Center on Poverty & Inequality 
- "Nancy Denton Professor Emeritus".
- "SUNY Albany Board of Trustees appoint Havidan Rodriguez as president".
- Times, Isabel Wilkerson, Special To The New York (1989-08-05). "Study Finds Segregation in Cities Worse Than Scientists Imagined". The New York Times. Retrieved 2017-08-05.
- Hays, Constance L. (1988-11-23). "Study Says Prejudice in Suburbs Is Aimed Mostly at Blacks". The New York Times. Retrieved 2017-08-05.
- Stein, Sharman (1993-03-10). "'Separate, Unequal' Still The Rule, Prof Says". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2017-08-05.
- "LA Times review of American Apartheid".
- "Receiving Award Upon Retirement from American Sociological Association" (PDF).
- "Stanford Center on Poverty & Inequality".