Nancy Drew: The Silent Spy
|Nancy Drew: The Silent Spy|
Mac OS X
|Release||October 22, 2013|
The Silent Spy is the 29th installment in the Nancy Drew point-and-click adventure game series by Her Interactive. The game is available for play on Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X platforms. It has an ESRB rating of E for moments of mild violence and peril. Players take on the first-person view of fictional amateur sleuth Nancy Drew and must solve the mystery through interrogation of suspects, solving puzzles, and discovering clues. There are two levels of gameplay, Amateur and Master sleuth modes, each offering a different difficulty level of puzzles and hints, however neither of these changes affect the actual plot of the game. The game is loosely based on a book entitled The Clue of the Whistling Bagpipes (1964).
Nearly a decade ago Agent Kate Drew left home to neutralize a biochemical weapon in Scotland. While her assignment was a success, Kate died in a car accident. Or so we were told. Now the echoes of a similar plot reverberate and it's up to you, as detective Nancy Drew, to thwart the sleeper cell and expose the truth about your mother's tragic demise.
- Nancy Drew - Nancy is an eighteen-year-old amateur detective from the fictional town of River Heights in the United States. She is the only playable character in the game, which means the player must solve the mystery from her perspective.
- Bridget Shaw - A native of Scotland, Bridget Shaw may be the friendliest person you meet in Glasgow. Her vast knowledge of the area and insights into current events may be helpful, but could her pleasant personality be a façade?
- Ewan MacLeod - Your main contact at Cathedral is Ewan MacLeod. He's here to assist you in your mission to uncover what transpired during Kate Drew's final days. While Ewan may be the eyes and ears around here, can you completely trust him?
- Moira Chisholm - Moira Chisholm was a close confidant to Kate Drew. Her memory and personal knowledge about Kate will unlock vital information. But could there be a secret that Moira doesn't want you to know about?
- Alec Fell - Alec Fell is the first person you'll meet after an incident at the train station. His tracking skills could help you in your case. However, keep in mind that he may know more about you than you are led to believe.
- Kate Drew - Nancy's mother who was killed in a car accident... or so you've been told. Her secrets are begging to be revealed, but your life and the lives around you could be in great danger if you revealed the truth. Can you uncover the real story and survive?
- Nancy Drew / Kate Drew - Lani Minella
- Alec Fell - Jeff Allen Pierce
- Bridget Shaw / Zoe Wolfe - Julia Stockton
- Moira Chisholm - Sofia Rybin
- Ewan MacLeod - Chris Jaech
- Carson Drew - Ken Boynton
- Ned Nickerson - Scott Carty
- Bess Marvin - Jennifer Pratt
- Young Nancy Drew - Claire Boynton
- Scientist - Scott Tengelin
- Additional Voices - Tim Burke, Jayme Crandall, Josh Crandall, Calina Joyce, Jami Moravetz, Stuart Moulder, Lara Snyder, Alex Yopp, Carol King 
The game was released on October 15, 2013, though pre-orders began on September 16, 2013. Special editions of the game, which included bonus games, phone charms, outtakes, and audio tracks were sent out to those who pre-ordered the game directly from Her Interactive.
- "Nancy Drew: The Silent Spy review". Adventure Gamers. Retrieved October 21, 2014.
- "'The Silent Spy' provides nearly exact gaming experience as predecessors". Daily Nebraskan. Retrieved October 21, 2014.
- , The Silent Spy Official Trailer
- "Nancy Drew The Silent Spy | Girl Games Online". Her Interactive. Archived from the original on February 20, 2014. Retrieved February 17, 2014.
- "The Silent Spy IMDb".
Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall
|Nancy Drew Computer Games||Succeeded by|
Nancy Drew: The Shattered Medallion