Meckler has directed a production of I.D.. She was a member of London-based collective the Freehold Theatre Company (1969–73), where she eventually became director. The group employed devising methodology to create work, and were the first company to receive the John Whiting Award for 'new and distinctive development in dramatic writing', traditionally given to playwrights.
- "Shared Experience". Shared Experience Company. Retrieved November 15, 2010.
- "Meckler, Nancy". Contemporary British-Jewish Theatre. 2016. Retrieved 19 August 2019.
- Sher, Antony, I.D. London: Nick Hern Books, 2003, p. 12. ISBN 978-1-85459-754-0
- Theodore Shank, "Collective Creation", in Rebecca Schneider and Gabrielle Cody (eds), Re:direction (London: Routledge, 2002, pp. 221-35), p. 229.
- Darren, Alison (2000). Lesbian Film Guide. Cassell. pp. 198–199. ISBN 030433376X.
- Staff (September 9, 1996). "Indian Summer". Variety. Retrieved 19 August 2019.
|This article about a performing arts director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|