Pearcey earned a BA from Iowa State University and an MA in Biblical Studies from Covenant Theological Seminary in St. Louis, Missouri. She also did additional non-degree study in philosophy at the Institute for Christian Studies in Toronto, Canada.
Pearcey was the Francis A. Schaeffer Scholar for several years at the World Journalism Institute. In September 2007, Pearcey was named Scholar for Worldview Studies at the Center for University Studies at Philadelphia Biblical University, Langhorne, Pennsylvania. In 2011-12 Pearcey was on the faculty at Rivendell Sanctuary. In 2012, she became Scholar in Residence at Houston Baptist University. Pearcey is a columnist for the conservative magazine Human Events.
Pearcey is a fellow of the Discovery Institute's Center for Science and Culture, the center of the intelligent design movement, where she has had the primary responsibility for promoting the intelligent design movement's viewpoint through op-eds, for journals and magazine's, especially Marvin Olasky's World magazine. Pearcey was a contributor to the controversial pro-intelligent design high school textbook Of Pandas and People, which featured prominently in the Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District trial.
- Pearcey, Nancy Randolph; Colson, Charles (1993), A Dance With Deception: Revealing the Truth Behind the Headlines, Dallas: Word Pub., ISBN 0-8499-3521-0.
- ———; Colson, Charles (1994), A Dangerous Grace: Daily Readings.
- ———; Thaxton, Charles B (1994), The Soul of Science: Christian Faith and Natural Philosophy, Crossway, ISBN 0-89107-766-9.
- ———; Fickett, Harold; Colson, Charles (1999), How Now Shall We Live?, ISBN 0-8423-1808-9.
- ——— (2005). Total Truth: Liberating Christianity from Its Cultural Captivity. Wheaton: Crossway Books. ISBN 1-4335-0220-8. ECPA Gold Medallion Book Award 'Christianity and Society' category winner.
- ——— (2010), Saving Leonardo: A Call to Resist the Secular Assault on Mind, Morals, and Meaning, B&H Books, ISBN 978-1-4336-6927-9.
- ——— (2015), Finding Truth: 5 Principles for Unmasking Atheism, Secularism, and Other God Substitutes, David C Cook, ISBN 978-0-7814-1308-4.
- ______ (2018) Love Thy Body: Answering Hard Questions About Life and Sexuality, Baker Books, ISBN 9780801075728.
- Pearcey, Nancy (12 August 2011). "Dangerous Influences: The New Yorker, Michele Bachmann, and Me". Human Events. Retrieved 13 August 2011.
- Pearcey, Nancy. "Nancy Pearcey". Archived from the original on October 17, 2013. Retrieved July 19, 2013.
- Nancy Pearcey, World Journalism Institute
- Anderson, Matthew Lee (1 September 2010). "Saving Leonardo: An Interview with Nancy Pearcey". Evangelical Outpost. Retrieved 9 August 2011.
- Author Dr. Nancy Pearcey Named Worldview Scholar at Philadelphia Biblical University's Center for University Studies ChristianNewsWire
- Worldview Thinkers Nancy Pearcey and J. Richard Pearcey to Join Faculty at Rivendell Sanctuary, Rivendell News, January 13, 2011
- Pearceys Resign From Rivendell Sanctuary, Pro-Existence, May 11, 2012
- Nancy Pearcey, Columnist Human Events
- Forrest, Barbara (2007). Creationism's Trojan Horse. City: Oxford University Press, USA. p. 168. ISBN 0-19-531973-7.
- Intelligent Decision: What the judge said about intelligent design in schools, Susan Kruglinski, Discover Magazine, 22 December 2005
- "Winners", Christian Book Awards, Christian book expo, 2005.