Nancy Robertson (actress)
Robertson in 2017
|Born||1971 (age 47–48)|
|Residence||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Corner Gas (2004–2009)|
Brent Butt (m. 2005)
Born in 1971, Robertson was born and raised in Vancouver, British Columbia. She studied drama during high school and graduated in 1990. She went on to attend the Breck Academy and The Vancouver Arts Club Theatre Program.
Robertson's television career began with the CBC sketch comedy series The 11th Hour. She later played Harriet Sharpe, a temperamental parking attendant, in the mockumentary film The Delicate Art of Parking. Harriet's fellow parking attendant, Grant Parker, is played by Fred Ewanuick, who later co-starred with Robertson in Corner Gas.
From 2004 to 2009, Robertson played Wanda Dollard, an intelligent and sarcastic gas station attendant, on the hit Canadian television series Corner Gas. In 2010, Robertson's husband and Corner Gas co-star, Brent Butt created a new television series, Hiccups. The show's lead role, a children's author with anger management issues, was not initially written with Robertson in mind, but upon reading the script, she decided to take on the role. The second and final season of Hiccups ended on August 28, 2011. Robertson played the role of Principal Moreno in the television movie Radio Rebel.
|1999||Beggars and Choosers||Dolores|
|1999||The New Addams Family||Samantha|
|1999||11th Hour||Nancy Lee|
|2000||Big Sound||Woman at House|
|2000||Hollywood Off-Ramp||Audience Member #2|
|2001||Till Debt Do Us Part (TV movie)||Jessica|
|2002||My Guide to Becoming a Rock Star|
|2003||The Delicate Art of Parking||Harriet Sharpe||
|2003||Dead Like Me||Monroco Secretary|
|2003||Air Bud Spikes Back||Principal Pickle|
|2003||Out of Order||Juror with New York accent|
|2003||The Mall Man (short)||Cashier|
|2004–2009||Corner Gas||Wanda Dollard||
|2004||No One Ever Suspects the Chinese Guy (short)|
|2005||Oh, Baby (TV movie)||Cop #2|
|2005||Are We There Yet?||Lady Airport Cop|
|2008||Christmas Cottage||Deputy Hornbuckle|
|2010||Ramona and Beezus||Casting Associate|
|2012||Radio Rebel||Principal Moreno||Disney Channel Original Movie|
|2013||No Clue||Phyllis||Guest Star|
|2014||Corner Gas: The Movie||Wanda Dollard||Reprise of role from 2004–2009 TV series|
|2018||Corner Gas Animated||Wanda Dollard||Reprise of role from 2004–2009 TV series|
- Spaner, David (6 April 2004). "Aisle Seat: Interview with Nancy Robertson". The Province. Vancouver. p. B11.
- "Corner Gas Alums Reunite with a Few Hiccups". Metro Halifax. 23 February 2010. Archived from the original on 9 September 2011. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "The Heart Truth: Nancy Robertson Bio". The Heart and Stroke Foundation. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- Williams, Paul (2015) . "Nancy Robertson". The Canadian Encyclopedia. Toronto: Historica Canada. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "The Delicate Art of Parking". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Who's Who". Corner Gas Online. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Brent Butt to Stay behind Scenes in New Comedy Hiccups". CBC News. 3 December 2008. Archived from the original on 25 June 2010. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Nancy Robertson". IMDb. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Vancouver TheatreSports League Alumni Q–T". Vancouver TheatreSports League. Archived from the original on 1 October 2011. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Canadian Actors Brent Butt and Nancy Robertson Wed". Lovetripper.com. 2005. Retrieved 2 March 2018.