ننسي بنت شكري
|Minister in the Prime Minister's Department|
16 May 2013 – 10 May 2018
|Prime Minister||Najib Razak|
|Preceded by||1. Mohamed Nazri Abdul Aziz|
2. Mah Siew Keong
|Succeeded by||Azalina Othman Said|
|Minister of Plantation Industries and Commodities|
12 May 2016 – 27 June 2016
|Prime Minister||Najib Razak|
|Preceded by||Douglas Uggah Embas|
|Succeeded by||Mah Siew Keong|
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
for Batang Sadong
|Assumed office |
8 March 2008
|Preceded by||Adenan Satem (PBB – BN)|
Nancy binti Shukri
5 August 1961
Kuching, Crown Colony of Sarawak (now Sarawak, Malaysia)
|Political party||United Bumiputera Heritage Party (PBB)|
|Barisan Nasional (BN) (until 2018)|
Sarawak Parties Alliance (GPS) (since 2018)
|Residence||Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia|
|Alma mater||University of Hull|
Dato’ Sri Hajah Nancy binti Shukri (Jawi: ننسي بنت شكري; born 5 August 1961) is a Malaysian politician from the United Bumiputera Heritage Party (PBB). She was formerly a Minister in the Prime Minister's Department of Malaysia.
After successfully defending her seat in the 2013 Malaysian general election, Nancy was appointed as Minister in the Prime Minister's Department in the new Cabinet of Malaysia announced by then Prime Minister of Malaysia, Najib Razak.
She was born on 5 August 1961 in Kuching, Sarawak to Bibi McPherson and Shukri Mahidi. She has Malay, Melanau ancestry on her father's side while her mother has Scottish, Iban and Chinese ancestry. She is married with three children and currently living in Kuching, Sarawak. Nancy is the tenth of eleven siblings.
In November 2013, she creates a controversy when became Minister in the Najib Razak cabinet, with saying "Bumiputera will steal if they left unaided.". She said it in her defence of the government’s recent move to reintroduce a race-preferential economic policy that has drawn the ire of Malaysia’s minority Chinese and Indian communities.
|2008||Batang Sadong||Nancy Shukri (PBB)||8,183||74.79%||Piee Ling (PKR)||2,758||25.21%||5,425|
|2013||Nancy Shukri (PBB)||13,277||86.81%||Mohamad Jolhi (PKR)||2,017||13.19%||11,260|
|2018||Nancy Shukri (PBB)||14,208||83.25%||Othman Mustapha @ Mos (PKR)||1,880||11.02%||12,328|
|Asan Singkro (PAS)||978||5.73%|
- Malaysia :
- Officer of the Order of the Defender of the Realm (KMN) (2010)
- Pahang :
- Sarawak :
- "Portal Rasmi Parlimen Malaysia - Ahli Parlimen - YB Dato' Sri Hajah Nancy Shukri". www.parlimen.gov.my (in Malay). Retrieved 22 November 2018.
- "Nancy binti Haji Shukri, Y.B. Puan Hajah" (in Malay). Parliament of Malaysia. Archived from the original on 11 December 2009. Retrieved 12 April 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "'Benazir Bhutto', 'Sofia Jane' Tags Spice Up BN Campaign in Batang Sadong". Bernama. 27 February 2008. Retrieved 12 April 2010.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri". Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 12 April 2010. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "Nancy Shukri Is Minister in the Prime Minister's Department". Bernama. 15 May 2013. Retrieved 16 May 2013.
- "HON. NANCY SHUKRI". GIS 2017accessdate=11 January 2017.
- "Putting women first". The Star. Star Publications (Malaysia). 9 April 2008. Archived from the original on 22 June 2011. Retrieved 12 April 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Nancy Shukri terima gelaran 'Datuk Seri'". Bernama (in Malay). Free Malaysia Today. 24 October 2016. Retrieved 8 September 2018.
- "TPM ketuai senarai penerima anugerah darjah kebesaran sambutan Hari Jadi TYT Sarawak ke-80". Mohd Zahir Haqim (in Malay). Sarawakvoice.com. 10 September 2016. Retrieved 8 September 2018.
- "Jamilah ketuai penerima darjah kebesaran negeri". Utusan Borneo (Sarawak). 11 September 2016. Retrieved 22 November 2018.