|Democratic Party candidate for
March 13, 1959 |
|Political party||Democratic Party|
Nancy Soderberg (born 1959) is an American foreign policy strategist who held several senior level positions in the Clinton administration. She currently is President of the Connect US Fund in Washington DC and resides in Jacksonville, Florida, where she is a Distinguished Visiting Scholar at the University of North Florida. On June 21, 2012, Soderberg announced that she was running for the Florida Senate District #4, which comprises parts of Duval County and Nassau County, Florida. She writes and comments regularly in national and international media on foreign policy.
Soderberg was the third-highest-ranking official at the United States National Security Council from 1993–1997 and served as US Representative for Special Political Affairs at the US Mission to the United Nations with rank of Ambassador. She was a key adviser to President Clinton in negotiating the peace process in Northern Ireland. She served as Deputy Director of President Clinton's national security transition in 1992 and as a senior foreign policy adviser to Senator Edward M. Kennedy.
Soderberg was a candidate for Florida Senate District 4 in the 2012 elections. She ran against Aaron Bean, former Florida State house representative.She ultimately lost collecting only 38% of the vote compared to Bean's 62%.
Soderberg serves as the president of The Connect U.S. Fund and as co-chair of the ATFA. In January 2012, U.S. President Barack Obama named Ambassador Soderberg as the Chairperson of the Public Interest Declassification Board.
- The Superpower Myth: The Use and Misuse of American Might, Wiley, 2005, ISBN 9780471656838.
- with Brian Katulis, The Prosperity Agenda: What the World Wants from America--and What We Need in Return, Wiley, 2008, ISBN 9780470105290 
- "Nancy Soderberg." Biography Resource Center Online. Gale Group, 2003. Reproduced in Biography Resource Center. Farmington Hills, Mich.: The Gale Group. 2004.
- "Nancy Soderberg: NI politicians have shown 'abysmal abdication of leadership'". BBC News. 28 August 2014.
- Connect U.S. Fund. Biographical Information: Ambassador Nancy E. Soderberg. 2009.
- Stein, Sam (2007-11-21). "Bloomberg Crams On Foreign Policy: Proof That He's Planning '08 Bid?". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 2008-11-25.
- American Task Force Argentina - Leadership
- Public Interest Declassification Board (PIDB) Members
- LaMoshi, Gary. "Unilateralism fails global tests". Asia Times. Retrieved 2008-11-25.
- Nancy Soderberg, Brian Katulis. The Prosperity Agenda: What the World Wants from America—and What We Need in Return. Wiley, 2008, 272 pp.
- Ambassador Nancy Soderberg
- University of North Florida Department of Political Science and Public Administration