|Directed by||R. V. Udayakumar|
|Written by||Gokula Krishnan (dialogues)|
|Screenplay by||R. V. Udayakumar|
|Story by||Sujatha Udayakumar|
|Produced by||T. Siva|
|Edited by||B. S. Nagaraj|
Nandhavana Theru (transl. Chariot of Nandavanam) is a 1995 Indian Tamil-language drama film, directed by R. V. Udayakumar. The film stars Karthik and newcomer Srinidhi. The film, produced by T. Siva and A. Selvaraj, had musical score by Ilaiyaraaja and was released on 11 May 1995. The film did not do well at the box office.
Seenu is an orphan and a full-time thief. He helps prisoners by solving their problems outside the prison. One day, he is intrigued by a prisoner's silence. Seenu asks him about his problem. The prisoner is Adhiseshan, the maternal uncle of Gayatri, a singer. He is a very rich man. He has been wrongfully convicted and sent to prison by Gayatri's paternal uncle Rajashekar and his son Gunasekaran. The duo have also managed poison Gayatri's mind against Adisheshan.
Adisheshan believes that Gayatri's life is great danger from the duo and requests Seenu to make her see the truth and save her. Seenu promises him that he will solve his problem. Initially, Gayatri avoids Seenu but she soon understands the true nature of Rajasekhar and she becomes Seenu's friend. Adhiseshan then realises that Seenu is his son (soon after looking at a photo of Seenu's mother). Seenu is thrilled about this as well and brings Gayatri to Adhiseshan's house to help them reunite. To their shock they find Adhiseshan dead.
It is then revealed that Rajashekar and Gunasekaran have borrowed a lot of money and defaulted. They are sent to jail for this. This also means that Gayathri has to leave her house. Seenu happily accommodates her in his house. Seenu then decides to mend his ways, give up thievery and earn money in the right way to help Gayatri realise her dream: to become a Carnatic music singer. He succeeds and she becomes a famous singer. She builds is also able to buy herself a new house. She then reveals to Seenu that she's in love with Suresh, a fan of hers. Suresh's father is not happy about his son intending to marrying Gayatri. He helps Rajasekhar get out of prison and gets him try and separate the couple before their marriage. Seenu manages to save them and the couple elope. In the end, Seenu marries a widow in order to keep a promise to his neighbour. Seenu takes care of the widow and her son.
- Karthik as Seenu (Srinivasan)
- Srinidhi as Gayatri
- Anandaraj as Rajasekhar
- Devan as Adhiseshan
- Janagaraj as Albert
- Vivek as Beedi
- Vadivelu as Theekuchi
- Manorama as Seenu's neighbour
- LIC Narasimhan as Church Father
- Gayathri as Seenu's neighbour
- Siva as Suresh (Guest appearance)
- Madhan Bob as a Music instrument seller (Guest appearance)
|1||"Adichu Pudichu"||S. N. Surendar, Mano||4:51|
|2||"Anniya Kaattu Annaney"||Srilekha, Mano, Swarnalatha||4:53|
|3||"Enna Varam Vendum"||Mano, S. N. Surendar, Arunmozhi, Srilekha, Sindhu Devi||5:29|
|5||"Ramanaa Sri"||Mahanadhi Shobana||2:10|
|6||"Unn Munnai Naanum Paada Vantha"||Arunmozhi||1:05|
|7||"Velli Nilave"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. N. Surendar, Arunmozhi, Uma Ramanan||5:10|
|8||"Viralil Suthi Meettavaa"||K. S. Chitra||3:34|
- "Nandhavana Theru / நந்தவன தேரு". Screen4screen. Archived from the original on 11 June 2021. Retrieved 11 June 2021.
- Sitaraman, Sandya (9 January 1996). "Tamil Movie News--1995 Review". Tamil Movie News. Archived from the original on 29 April 2022. Retrieved 31 August 2012.
- Sundaram, Nandhu (1 December 2020). "'Baasha' to 'Sathi Leelavathi': Why 1995 is an unforgettable year for Tamil cinema fans". The News Minute. Archived from the original on 28 January 2021. Retrieved 11 June 2021.
- "Nandhavana Theru". AVDigital. Archived from the original on 11 June 2021. Retrieved 11 June 2021.
- Vijiyan, K. (3 June 1995). "Story flounders in the middle". New Straits Times. p. 14. Retrieved 29 April 2022.