|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|• Total||23.14 km2 (8.93 sq mi)|
|Elevation||292 m (958 ft)|
|• Density||1,700/km2 (4,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Nandikotkur is located at  It has an average elevation of 292 meters (961 feet). The nearest river is Krishna river..
Nandikotkur is a mandal (equivalent to county or borough), located 27 km from Kurnool district in Andhra Pradesh. It serves as a major transit point connecting important cities including Kurnool and Guntur. The route to Srisailam from Kurnool also traverses through Nandikotkur. The legend says that Nandikotkur is surrounded by nine nandi statues (bulls) and hence this place was earlier called NavaNandikotkur and now this is called Nandikotkur. Handri Neeva Canal which provides irrigation water to Kurnool, Anantapur, Kadapa and Chittoor districts starts from Nadikotkur Mandal only. Sangamaheshwaram the place where seven rivers meet is located around 12 km from Nandikotkur.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
Official Website of Nandikotkur 
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Nandikotkur, India Page". Falling Rain Genomics, Inc.
- "Bus Stations in Districts". Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. Archived from the original on 22 March 2016. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "School Eduvation Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 December 2015. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.