23 July 1973 |
G. Udayagiri, Orissa, India
|Residence||New Delhi, India|
|Occupation||Writer, poet, critic|
Nandini Sahu (born 23 July 1973) is an Indian poet. writer and critic. She is also associate professor of English at the Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi, India. She has written several books including poetry in English. She is an acclaimed poet Her poetry is widely circulated in India, US, UK, Africa and Pakistan. She has won two gold medals in English literature and also the award of All India Poetry Contest and Shiksha Ratna Purashkar. She is also editor inchief of Interdisciplinary Journal of Literature and Language
Sahu was born on 23 July 1973 in G. Udayagiri in Orissa, India. Her parents were teachers in Indian local schools. She and her five sisters grew up in an obedience life. She received her PhD degree on Indian English poetry under the guidance of prof Niranjan Mohanty. She is also obtaining D.Litt, on Native American Literature. She is serving as an associate professor of English language at the Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi. She has also attended national seminars.
Sahu began her writings in early age. She has written several books including poetry collections. Her writings are based on the subjects of Indian-English Literature, American Literature, English Language Teaching (ELT), Folklore and Culture Studies and also Children's literature. She has designed and developed programmes on Folklore and Culture studies for IGNOU. She is also the editor-in-chief of Interdisciplinary Journal of Literature And Language, New Delhi. Moreover, Sahu has delivered lectures on various subjects in India and abroad. An author wrote;
"This paper intensifies to examine the echoing voice of Nandini Sahu, a contemporary Indian woman poet writing in English in which one can easily find thepotency, the strength and the integrity both in her poetry and personality that she can rather be called as an ecofeminist, ecowomanist and an ecosocialist."
- Award of All India Poetry Contest
- Award of Shiksha Ratna Purashkar
- Two Gold Medals in English literature
- The Other Voice, a collection of poems, 2004
- The Silence, 2005
- Silver Poems on My Lips, 2009
- Sukamaa and Other Poems Published by The Poetry Society of India,Gurgaon ISBN 978-81-925839-2-1
- Suvarnarekha : An anthology of Indian women poets
- Recollection as Redemption, 2004
- Post Modernist Delegations in English Language Teaching: The Quixotic Deluge, 2005
- The Post Colonial Space: Writing the Self and The Nation, 2008
- Folklore and the Alternative Modernities(Vol I & II), 2012
- The Atlantic Literary Review, Volume 7. Google Books. Retrieved 16 February 2013.
- "Nandini Sahu". The Peregrine Muse.com-Poets International. Retrieved 23 February 2013.
- "Book Review : Folklore and the Alternative Modernities". Isahitya.com. 25 March 2012. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "Nandini Sahu". Poets Printery.com. Retrieved 27 August 2012.
- "The Other Voice by Nandini Sahu Authors Press". The Tribune. 25 September 2005. Retrieved 23 February 2013.
- "Poetic tongue is the idiom that comes from the spirit". All About Book Publishing.Com. Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- "New Trends in Iidian Poetry: A Discourse With Some" (PDF). All About BooK Publishing.com. p. 134. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- "In conversation with Dr Nandini Sahu". Muritius Times.com. 25 October 2013. Retrieved 27 October 2013.
- "Laudable Folklore Workshop of the MGI's Department of Bhojpuri, Folklore and Oral Traditions". Mauritius Times. 18 October 2013. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- "Nandini Sahu Associate Professor". Ignou The People's University. Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- "Budding writers should take praise and criticism on equal terms" (PDF). The Political Business Daily. 29 September 2013. Retrieved 19 January 2014.
- "IGNOU Likely To Launch MA Programme in Folklore & Culture Studies". Higher Education in India.com. 13 October 2010. Retrieved 23 February 2013.
- "National seminar held at GNDEC". The Indian Express. 9 February 2009. Retrieved 23 February 2013.
- Quest for Ancient Wisdom: A Study of Ecofeminism in the Poetry of Nandini Sahu (PDF). Kafla.Magazine. Issue Jan–April 2014. p. 48. Retrieved 3 June 2014. Check date values in:
- "List of Nandini Sahu books". Books.Google.com. Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- Silver Poems on My Lips. Books.Google.com. Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- "Sukamaa and other Poems" (PDF). Galaxyimrj.com. Retrieved 11 June 2014.
- "Nandini Sahu's Magic Cadence of Poetic Thoughts Reigns". Boloji.com. 22 September 2013. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- "Suvarnarekha". Global Fraternityof Poets.com. Retrieved 11 June 2014.
- A.C. Bradley Oxford Lectures On Poetry – Page 400 1999 "Also of Interest The Post-Colonial Space : Writing the Self and the Nation, Ed.Nandini Sahu.."
- Mohit Kumar Ray Studies In Elt, Linguistics And Applied Linguistics Page vii 2004 "Dr Nandini Sahu makes out a case for Indian poetics as a significant body of critical criteria and pleads for their ... "