|Born||10 August 1969|
|Years active||1997 – present|
Nandini Srikar (born 10 August 1969) is an Indian singer, composer and guitarist.
Early life and career
As a child, she studied classical music, learning how to play veena at age three. She later learned sitar and guitar. Srikar earned a master's degree in Mathematics and after graduation she worked in software. She originally had no intention of becoming a professional musician and pursued music only as a hobby. In 1997, playback singer Hariharan heard her sing and suggested to Vidyasagar that he hire her to sing for his upcoming film Uyirodu Uyiraga. In the film, she performed a duet with KK called "I Love You" and the song became a hit. She quit her job and focused on music, collaborating with Ranjit Barot, Trilok Gurtu and Wally Badarou. She also began to write advertising jingles. In 2001, she appeared on Mahmood Khan's album Panah. In 2008, she worked with music director Dhruv Ghanekar with the vocal arrangements and harmonies for the songs in Drona. Her debut solo album Beete Pal was released in 2011 in which she has composed, programmed, produced and performed all the songs. The album features Kai Eckhardt (Bass), Prasanna (Guitar), Michael Pope (Bass), Steve Zerlin (Bass), Atma Anur (Drums), Ed DeGenaro (Guitar) and other musicians. Her next venture is a collaboration with Shri and DJ Badmarsh.
- 2001 Panah
- 2011 Beete Pal
Filmography as playback singer
- 1998 Uyirodu Uyiraga (I Love You) (Tamil)
- 2001 Aalavandhan (Africa) (Tamil & Hindi)
- 2003 Joot
- 2004 Morning Raga
- 2005 Brides Wanted
- 2005 Hanuman
- 2006 Humko Deewana Kar Gaye
- 2007 Urchagam
- 2007 Johnny Gaddaar (Tamil)
- 2008 Drona
- 2009 Three – Love, Lies and Betrayal
- 2009 Barah Aana
- 2011 Ra.One(Bhare Naina)
- 2012 Agent Vinod (Dil Mera Muft ka)
- 2012 Shanghai (2012 film) (Duaa) 
- 2013 Moondru Per Moondru Kaadhal (Aaha Kaadhal) (Tamil)
- 2013 "Club 60" (Mera Saaya)
- 2014 Queen (Harjaiyaan) (Hindi)
- 2015 Runh (Samjena) (Marathi)
- 2016 Fitoor (Hone Do Batiyan)
- 2016 Nil Battey Sannata (Maula)
- 2016 Rekka (Kannamma Kannamma) (Tamil)
(GiMA 2012)- Nandini Srikar won the best playback singer female for her song Bhare Naina in Ra.One. Mirchi Music Awards South 2014 - Nandini Srikar won the best female singer of the year award for her song "Aaha Kaadhal" from Moondru Per Moondru Kaadhal. Southern India Cinematographers' Association - SICA Awaard 2015 - Nandini Srikar won the best female singer of the year award for her song "Harjaiyaan" from the film Queen. she also won Norway tamil awards - Best Playback singer for kannamma kannamma for Movie Rekka
- "Plans of a Singer". India Today. 11 June 2001. Retrieved 20 December 2011.
- Sodhi, Amanda (7 December 2011). "Where are the Indian Female Guitarists and Bands?". Gibson News. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- Nath, Arpita (23 June 2011). "Music scored over maths: Nandini Srikar". Times of India. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- S.R. Ashok Kumar (19 January 2011). "More romance in the offing". The Hindu. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- Kher, Ruchika (September 16, 2011). "RA.One". Times of India. IANS. Retrieved December 20, 2011.
- "3rd Chevrolet Star Global Indian Music Awards (GiMA 2012) given away". Retrieved 03-10-2012. Check date values in:
|This article about an Indian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|