Nando de Colo
Nando de Colo (born 23 June 1987) is a French professional basketball player for CSKA Moscow of the VTB United League and the Euroleague. Standing at 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m), he plays at the point guard and shooting guard positions. A two-time All-Euroleague selection, he won the Euroleague title in 2016 with CSKA Moscow, earning both the Euroleague MVP and Final Four MVP awards in the process.
De Colo was born in Sainte-Catherine-lès-Arras, France to parents who were both born and raised in Portugal. He attended Lycée Fernand Renaudeau in Cholet and made his first appearance on the Cholet U20 team in 2004–05.
De Colo made his professional debut during the 2006–07 season with Cholet Basket of the LNB Pro A. Under supervision of head coach Erman Kunter, he helped the team win the 2008 Semaine des As and reach the finals of the 2008 French Cup and of the 2009 Eurochallenge.
San Antonio Spurs
On 10 July 2012, De Colo announced he would not be re-signing with Valencia in order to play in the NBA. On 13 July 2012, he signed a two-year deal with the San Antonio Spurs. During his rookie and sophomore seasons, he had multiple assignments with the Austin Toros of the NBA D-League. de Colo reached the 2013 NBA Finals with the Spurs, but the team lost to the Miami Heat in seven games.
On 9 July 2014, De Colo signed a two-year deal (with the third option year) with the Russian club CSKA Moscow of the VTB United League. In May 2015, he was chosen to the All-Euroleague Second Team for the performances he put over the season.
In 2014–15, CSKA Moscow managed to advance to the Euroleague Final Four for the fourth straight season, after eliminating Panathinaikos for the second straight season in the Euroleague quarter-final playoffs series with a 3–1 series victory. However, in the Euroleague Final Four's semi-final game, despite being dubbed by the media as an absolute favorite to advance to Finals, CSKA once again lost to Olympiacos. The final score was 70–68, after a great Olympiacos comeback in the 4th quarter, led by Vassilis Spanoulis. CSKA Moscow eventually won the third place game after defeating Fenerbahçe by a score of 86–80. In his second Euroleague season, De Colo averaged a career-high 14.4 points, 3.2 rebounds, and 3.1 assists, over 28 games played. On 21 May 2015, De Colo won the VTB United League MVP Award. CSKA Moscow finished the season by winning the VTB United League, after eliminating Khimki with a 3–0 series sweep in the finals series.
On 3 May 2016, De Colo was awarded with the Alphonso Ford Trophy, an annual award given to the Euroleague's top scorer of the season. Nine days later, he was named the Euroleague MVP. On 15 May, CSKA won the Euroleague and De Colo was named the Euroleague Final Four MVP.
On 15 June 2016, De Colo signed a new three-year contract with CSKA.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The EuroLeague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season. He also played in domestic competition, and regional competition if applicable.
|†||Denotes season in which De Colo's team won the Euroleague|
|Led the league|
De Colo is a regular member of the senior men's French national basketball team. He won a gold medal at the EuroBasket 2013 in Slovenia, a silver medal at the EuroBasket 2011 in Lithuania, and a bronze medal at the EuroBasket 2015 in France, where he earned an all-tournament team selection.
De Colo participated in the 2012 London Olympics. He played a major role on the team, following the loss of Tony Parker to injury, prior to the tournament. He displayed strong offense and defense, scoring seven points in their game against the United States.
|Tournament||Games played||Points per game||Rebounds per game||Assists per game|
|2010 FIBA World Championship||6||8.8||1.8||2.2|
- "Un ancien élève en NBA". Lycée Fernand Renaudeau. 25 June 2009. Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- De Colo left Cholet
- De Colo is now a Valencia player
- Nando De Colo leaves Valencia for the Spurs
- Spurs sign guard Nando De Colo
- 2012–13 NBA Assignments
- 2013–14 NBA Assignments
- Raptors Acquire Nando De Colo
- "CSKA Moscow snags De Colo on two-year deal". Euroleague.net. 9 July 2014. Retrieved 11 July 2014.
- "Nando De Colo has become the first Frenchman in CSKA history". cskabasket.com. 9 July 2014. Retrieved 11 July 2014.
- "All-Euroleague First and Second Teams announced". euroleague.net. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "CSKA Moscow routs Panathinaikos to claim Final Four berth". euroleague.net. 22 April 2015. Retrieved 18 May 2015.
- "Spanoulis comes through again as Olympiacos stuns CSKA". euroleague.net. 15 May 2015. Retrieved 18 May 2015.
- "CSKA Moscow beats Fenerbahce in third-place game". eurolague.net. 17 May 2015. Retrieved 18 May 2015.
- Nando de Colo named regular season MVP
- "CSKA wins championship!". vtb-league.com. 8 June 2015. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- "2015–16 Alphonso Ford Top Scorer Trophy: Nando De Colo, CSKA Moscow". Euroleague.net. 3 May 2016. Retrieved 3 May 2016.
- "2015–16 Euroleague MVP: Nando De Colo, CSKA Moscow". Euroleague.net. 12 May 2016. Retrieved 16 May 2016.
- "De Colo celebrates title as Final Four MVP". Euroleague.net. 16 May 2016. Retrieved 15 May 2016.
- "Nando De Colo signed new contract with CSKA". cskabasket.com. 15 June 2016. Retrieved 15 June 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nando de Colo.|