|Born||January 1, 1964|
|Education||Fashion Institute of Technology Youngstown State University|
Nanette Lepore (born January 1st, 1964) is an American fashion designer based in New York City. New York magazine has said that "her gypsy-influenced designs are feminine and youthful. The looks are full of bold colors and bright prints, with ruffles and lace that manage to look good-time-girly but not overly frilly."
Nanette Lepore moved from Ohio to New York City, where she began to develop her professional career as a designer. She attended New York's Fashion Institute of Technology and graduated with a degree in design. Prior to moving to New York City, Nanette also earned an undergraduate degree from Youngstown State University.
Nanette Lepore gained celebrity in the fashion world after she returned to California, opening a boutique store in Los Angeles and selling her outfits to clients in Europe and Asia. She also began to have her items featured in the famous American store chain, Neiman Marcus. She also gained renown for her flair on the runway and began to attract stars like Aida Turturro, Illeana Douglas, Lorraine Bracco, Eva Longoria, Kerry Washington, and America Ferrera.
She also has her own fragrance named Nanette.
Today, Nanette Lepore is sold across America, including Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, and Macy's. She has boutiques in Chicago, Boston on Newbury Street, and in New York in Soho and Madison Avenue.
Lepore has a daughter named Violet.
Nanette is married to artist and singer Robert J. Savage.
In 2010, Nanette is working with New York politicians to help save jobs in the New York Garment District through the Save the Garment Center campaign. In 2012 she guest-starred as a judge on Project Runway All Stars.
- "Designer Bios". nymag.com. New York Magazine. Retrieved 14 November 2012.
- "Keds Partners With Designer Nanette Lepore for Spring 2007". PR Newswire. July 12, 2006.
- Yu, Samantha (17 September 2013). "5 Things To Know This AM". Refinery29. Retrieved 22 January 2015.
- Abrams, Rachel (11 February 2014). "Online Career Site Receives $7 Million Angel Investment". The New York Times. Retrieved 22 January 2015.
- Lockwood, Lisa. "Nanette Lepore to Guest Judge 'Project Runway All Stars'". wwd.com. Women's Wear Daily. Retrieved 14 November 2012.