|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||1.78 km2 (0.69 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,800/km2 (4,600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
|Telephone area code||(0)395|
Nanjie (Chinese: 南街村; pinyin: Nánjiē Cūn) is a village in Chengguan (城关镇), Linying County, Henan, widely reported as being the last Maoist village in China. It is under the administration of the town of Chengguan, which also serves as the county seat. In 1992, the GDP of this village exceeded 100 million yuan and became the famous "billion village" at that time, however, its output growth is proportional to the loans from some national banks of China at that time. These years, since it is unable to pay its huge loans, it is added to the reputation blacklist. Nanjiecun Group is running a 12-hour working system,which broke the Labour Law of the People's Republic of China.
Nanjie collectivised its agricultural production and industry in the mid 1980s - when the rest of the country was doing the opposite, introducing market reforms put forward by former leader Deng Xiaoping. It continues to be run on Maoist egalitarian lines and has become something of a tourist attraction because of its staunch adherence to the values of Maoism.
- 2016年统计用区划代码和城乡划分代码：城关镇 [2016 Statistical Area Numbers and Rural-Urban Area Numbers: Chengguan Town] (in Chinese). National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China. 2016. Retrieved 13 July 2018.
411122100219 122 南街村委会
- 城关镇 [Chengguan Town] (in Chinese). XZQH.org. 24 March 2009. Retrieved 13 July 2018.
- Cheng, Tony (2008-06-25). "China's last Maoist village". Al Jazeera English. Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- Markus, Francis (2002-11-19). "Chinese village still in Mao era". BBC News. Retrieved 2011-06-24.
- Wong, Edward (2011-06-24). "In China, a Place Where Maoism Still Reigns". New York Times. Retrieved 2011-06-24.
- 南街村，你的十二小时工作制，我受够了！. ajygf.com. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- Team, Discuz! Team and Comsenz UI. 南街能成为法外之地吗？-以案说法-华夏今日. www.huaxiawrong.com. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- 微博. media.weibo.cn (in Chinese). Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- 【图片】南街村的那些事儿【临颍吧】_百度贴吧. tieba.baidu.com. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- Photographic series on Nanije
- Official Website (in Chinese and English)
- Documentary at CCTV (in Chinese)
- The Reddest Village in China: On the 90th anniversary of the Communist Party of China, Times reporters visit Nanjiecun, China, perhaps the country's last Maoist collective. NYTimes video by Jonah M. Kessel.
|This Henan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|