Nanjing–Anqing Intercity Railway
|Nanjing-Anqing Intercity Railway
|Locale||Nanjing to Anqing, China|
|Opened||6 December 2015|
|Line length||258 kilometres (160 mi) (main line)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Operating speed||250 km/h （Now 200 km/h)|
|Nanjing-Anqing Intercity Railway|
|Nanjing–Anqing Intercity Railway|
|Line length:||258 km (160 mi)|
|Track gauge:||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Maximum speed:||250 km/h (155 mph)|
|Stations and structures|
The Nanjing–Anqing Intercity Railway (Chinese: 宁安城际铁路) is a high-speed rail, passenger-dedicated line between cities of Nanjing, Jiangsu Province and Anqing, Anhui Province, in China. Construction of the 258-kilometre (160 mi) railway began in January 2010, and the line was opened on 6 December 2015.
This railway is a branch of the Beijing–Shanghai High-Speed Railway. The route runs parallel to the Yangtze River, and passes through Ma'anshan, Wuhu, Tongling, and Chizhou, 33 km of the railway will be located in Jiangsu, with 225 km in Anhui. with a total of ten stations.
Most of the line runs along the southern bank of the Yangtze, but Anqing is located on the northern side of the river. The Anqing Railway Bridge is being constructed 22 km before the Anqing station. The bridge will also serve the Fuyang-Jingdezhen Railway.
The capacity is estimated to be about 125 pairs of trains each day. The trains will have a top speed of 250 kilometers per hour. The railway cut travel time between Nanjing and Anqing from 8 hours to 1.5 hours. It will also allow passengers to travel between Anqing and Shanghai in 3 hours, compared to the current 12 hours. This new railway will be connected to the Yangtze River Delta region's railway network.
Trains are expected to be in service each day from 06:00 to 12:00. 60 pairs of trains will be in operation with a minimum interval between trains of 4 minutes, and an average interval of 15 minutes.
The railway serves 10 stations along its route.
|Ma'anshan East||Ma'anshan City|
|Dangtu East||Ma'anshan City|
|Yijiang (弋江)||Yijiang District, Wuhu City|
|Fanchang West||Fanchang County|
- High-speed rail in China
- Nanjing–Tongling Railway and Tongling–Jiujiang Railway, an older railway line along a parallel route
- "Nanjing". Government of Nanjing. 2010-06-01. Retrieved 2012-01-13.
- "南京至安庆城际铁路速度目标值研究 Research on Target Value for Speed on Nanjing-Anqing Intercity Railway". wanfangdata.com.cn. Retrieved 2012-01-13.
- 宁安高铁今日开通 创造多项世界之最 (in Chinese). Xinhua. 6 December 2015.
- "Nanjing-Anqing Intercity Rail Start to Build in Ma'anshan Section-rail-中安在线-english". English.anhuinews.com. Retrieved 2012-01-13.
- "Nanjing International". Government of Nanjing. Retrieved 2012-01-13.
- "High-speed Train Nanjing - Anqing - China Trekking Guide, Route, Map, Photo". Chinatrekking.com. Retrieved 2012-01-13.
- "Construction of Nanjing-Anqing Rail Speeds Up-railway-中安在线-english". English.anhuinews.com. Retrieved 2012-01-13.
- "China HSR, Works in Progress". Dear Passengers. 2011-12-12. Retrieved 2012-01-13.
- "Nanjing International". Nanjing.gov.cn. Retrieved 2012-01-13.