Nanjing–Gaochun Intercity Railway
A line S1 train is leaving Zhengfangzhonglu Station
|Termini||Nanjing South Railway Station
Lukou International Airport
|Daily ridership||53,000 (2014 Avg.)
94,000 (2014 Peak)
|Opened||July 1, 2014|
|Character||Underground and elevated|
|Line length||35.8 km (22.2 mi)|
|Number of tracks||2|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
The Nanjing–Gaochun Intercity Railway, commonly known as the Ninggao Intercity Railway (Chinese: 宁高城际轨道交通; pinyin: Níng gāo chéng jì guǐdào jiāotōng[Note 1]) or Airport Line is a suburban metro rail line serving the southern suburbs of Nanjing. In early planning documents, it was called Line 6 of Nanjing Metro; now it is designated as Line S1 of the city's metro system.
The Ninggao Line's first stage connects Nanjing South Railway Station with Nanjing Lukou International Airport. It is 34.9 km long has 8 stations. The line started construction on December 27, 2011, and was opened on July 1, 2014.
A future extension of the line will start from Lukou New City North Station (禄口新城北站; the 6th station, counting from Nanjing South Railway Station), and extend further south, to Gaochun District, for the total length of 85.8 km.
|Nanjing South Railway Station||南京南站||Island & Dual-side (Underground)||
|Hohai University – Fochengxilu
[Hohai University – West Focheng Road]
[Middle Zhengfang Road]
[Xiangyu Road North]
[Xiangyu Road South]
|Lukou International Airport||禄口机场||Island (Underground)|
- "Ning" (宁), is the standard Chinese abbreviation for Nanjing. It comes from the name Jiangning that the city had in the early Qing.
- 南京地铁日均客流创新纪录 187万人次 (in Chinese). October 1, 2014. Retrieved October 12, 2014.
- "置业倾城策：连接江宁两大交通枢纽 实探宁高城际机场线" (in Chinese). Includes a map.
- "南京开建地铁机场线 第一次地铁将抵达机场". 中国江苏网 (in Chinese). December 28, 2011.
- "地铁机场线、宁天城际一期工程传新动态" (in Chinese).
- "宁高城际简介". 南报网 (in Chinese).
- "南京地铁机场线首列车将于2013年8月交付". 人民网江苏视窗 (in Chinese). September 7, 2012.