Nanjing Audit University
|Chancellor||Yan Weilong (晏维龙)|
|Location||Pukou, Nanjing, People's Republic of China|
|Campus||Urban & Suburban|
|Website||www.nau.edu.cn (in Chinese)
english.nau.edu.cn (in English)
The university was founded in 1983 and has emphasis on Economics and Management, with Law, Language and Literature, Science and Engineering. It is under the auspices of the Jiangsu Provincial Government, the National Audit Office of China and the People's Bank of China.
There are more than 15,000 students on three campuses: Mochou Campus, in the Jianye District of Nanjing, named after nearby Mochou Lake, Pukou Campus on the southern slope of Laoshan Mountain, a national forest and park, and Xianlin Campus.
- August 1983. Nanjing School of Finance and Trade was established under the approval of Jiangsu Provincial Government. Under the supervision of Nanjing Municipal Government, the school was a vocational one, offering 2 to 3 years of certificate training.
- May 1987. Nanjing School of Finance and Trade was transferred to be jointly administered by Chinese National Audit Office(CNAO), Nanjing Municipal Government and Jiangsu Education Committee. In the same year, it was renamed as Nanjing Audit Institute.
- December 1990. Nanjing Audit Institute was under the direct leadership of CNAO and jointly administration of CNAO, Jiangsu Provincial Government and Nanjing Municipal Government with CNAO the major supervisor. The Institute is still of technical academy level and enrolls students from all over China.
- February 1993. Nanjing Audit Institute was enhanced to a university.
- June 1997. Under the approval of Jiangsu Degree Committee, Nanjing Audit Institute was licensed to award BA degree.
- February 2000. Nanjing Audit Institute was transferred to be under the direct leadership of Jiangsu Education Committee.
- April 2002. Under the approval of Jiangsu Provincial Government, Nanjing College of Finance was merged into Nanjing Audit Institute, thus the new Nanjing Audit University was born.
- August 2011.the Ministry of Education,the Ministry of Finance,the National Audit Office and the People's Government of Jiangsu Province construct Nanjing Audit University together.
Schools and departments
NAU has many areas of specialisation:
- School of International Auditing
- School of Accounting
- School of Finance
- School of Economics
- School of Management
- School of Information Science
- School of Law and Politics
- Department of Foreign languages
- Department of Teaching Chinese As a Foreign Language
- Department of Applied Mathematics
- Physical Education Department
- School of Administration (Adult education, Vocational Technology)
- Jinshen College.
NAU was also one of the first educations institutions to offer courses in e-commerce.