Nanjing railway station
Nanjing railway station
Longpan Lu, Xuanwu District, Nanjing, Jiangsu|
Shanghai Railway Bureau,|
China Railway Corporation
3 September 2005 ( Line 1)
1 April 2015 ( Line 3)
Nanjing railway station (Chinese: 南京站; pinyin: Nánjīng Zhàn) is a major railway station of Nanjing, the capital of Jiangsu province. It is located in the northern part of Nanjing's urban core (just a short walk from the city wall), near Xuanwu Lake.
Until 2010, this was the main railway station of Nanjing, with the great majority of all trains serving Nanjing using this station. Only a small number of trains, going to the destinations to the southwest of Nanjing, pass through the (old) Nanjing South railway station, which is located south of Nanjing's walled city; service to Nanjing West railway station has been suspended.
After the opening of new Nanjing South Railway Station in the southern part of greater Nanjing in mid-2010, many of the high-speed trains serving Nanjing have been re-routed to that new station. However, Nanjing station has frequent high-speed service to Shanghai and Shanghai Hongqiao, some services also stopping at Zhenjiang, Changzhou and Suzhou. Some overnight D trains continue on north towards Beijing South Railway Station, Tianjin West Railway Station, or Xi'an North Railway Station.
The station opened in September 1968, shortly before the opening of the Nanjing Yangtze River Bridge. The connection with Line 1 of the Nanjing Metro began operations on 3 September 2005 as part of the line's Phase I from Maigaoqiao to Andemen.[a] The interchange with Nanjing Metro Line 3 opened on 1 April 2015 with the opening of that line.
On 30 September 2016 the metro station served a peak volume of 99,800 passengers.
- Zhonghuamen Railway Station (Nanjing)
- Nanjing South Railway Station
- Nanjing West Railway Station
- Nanjing North Railway Station
- "Nanjing Guide - Things to do in Nanjing - eChinacities.com". echinacities.com. Retrieved 30 April 2015.
- 南京火车站/介绍 (in Chinese).[dead link]
- 大事记. Nanjing Metro. Retrieved 2018-07-24.
- 南京地铁二号线载人模拟运营 [Nanjing Metro Line 2 Undergoes Trial Runs]. Yantse Evening News (in Chinese). May 23, 2010. Archived from the original on March 3, 2016. Retrieved December 20, 2016.
- "Nanjing metro Line 3 opens". Railway Gazette International. 2 April 2015. Archived from the original on May 27, 2016. Retrieved April 4, 2015.
- 南京地铁国庆前一天客流299.62万乘次创历史新高. Yangtse Evening News (in Chinese). 2016-10-01. Archived from the original on 2017-02-03. Retrieved 2016-10-04.
Media related to Nanjing Railway Station at Wikimedia Commons
|This Jiangsu location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a railway station in Jiangsu is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|