Nankō Port Town Line
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Nankō Port Town Line|
A 200 series trainset in May 2016
|Opened||March 16, 1981|
|Owner||Osaka Municipal Transportation Bureau (Trade Center-mae - Suminoekoen)
Osaka Port Transport System Co., Ltd. (Cosmosquare - Trade Center-mae)
|Operator(s)||Osaka Municipal Transportation Bureau|
|Rolling stock||100A series EMU|
|Line length||7.9 km (4.9 mi)|
|Electrification||600 V three-phase AC, side contact|
|Operating speed||55 km/h (34 mph)|
The Nankō Port Town Line (南港ポートタウン線 Nankō Pōto-taun-sen?), also called New Tram, is an automated guideway transit system operated by Osaka Municipal Transportation Bureau in Suminoe-ku, Osaka, Japan. The line was constructed to serve as the main public transportation for newly built Osaka South Port habitations and facilities. An extension of the line from Cosmosquare to Trade Center-mae was once owned and operated by an Osaka City's subsidiary, Osaka Port Transport System Co., Ltd. (大阪港トランスポートシステム?, OTS). The operation of the section was later merged to Osaka City transportation itself to increase the number of passengers by reducing fares previously calculated separately.
All stations are in Suminoe-ku, Osaka.
|P18||Suminoekōen||Yotsubashi Line (Y21)|
- 100A series (since 1991)
- 200 series four-car sets (from April 2016)
A fleet of seven four-car 200 series trainsets is scheduled to be introduced between April 2016 and March 2017, all finished in different colour liveries.
Former rolling stock
- 100 series (1981-2001)
- March 16, 1981 - The Nankō Port Town Line from Nakafuto to Suminoekōen opened.
- October 5, 1993 - An accident occurred at Suminoekōen Station, operation suspended.
- November 19, 1993 - Operation resumed.
- December 18, 1997 - The Osaka Port Transport System Co., Ltd. New Tram Technoport Line (ニュートラムテクノポート線?) from Cosmosquare to Nakafutō opened.
- July 1, 2005 - The OTS New Tram Technoport Line was merged to the Nankō Port Town Line.
- Distance: 7.9 km (incl. former OTS Line 1.3 km)
- Power: 600 V three phase AC, side contact
- Line color: cerulean blue
- Symbol letter: P
- 私鉄車両編成表 2015 [Private Railway Rolling Stock Formations - 2015] (in Japanese). Japan: Kotsu Shimbunsha. 23 July 2015. p. 155. ISBN 978-4-330-58415-7.
- 大阪市交通局200系 [Osaka Municipal Transportation Bureau 200 series]. Japan Railfan Magazine (in Japanese). Vol. 56 no. 662. Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. June 2016. p. 108-109.