Nankō Port Town Line
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Osaka Metro Nankō Port Town Line|
A 200 series trainset in May 2016
|Type||Automated guideway transit|
|Opened||March 16, 1981|
|Owner||Osaka Metro (Trade Center-mae - Suminoekoen)|
Osaka Port Transport System Co., Ltd. (Cosmosquare - Trade Center-mae)
|Operator(s)||Osaka Metro (2018–present) |
Osaka Municipal Transportation Bureau (1981–2018)
|Rolling stock||100A series EMU|
|Line length||7.9 km (4.9 mi)|
|Electrification||600 V three-phase AC, side contact|
|Operating speed||55 km/h (34 mph)|
The Osaka Metro Nankō Port Town Line (南港ポートタウン線 Nankō Pōto-taun-sen), also called New Tram, is an automated guideway transit line in Suminoe-ku, Osaka, Japan. The line is operated by Osaka Metro, and was constructed to serve as the main public transportation for newly built Osaka South Port habitations and facilities. An extension of the line from Cosmosquare to Trade Center-mae was once owned and operated by an Osaka City's subsidiary, Osaka Port Transport System Co., Ltd. (大阪港トランスポートシステム, OTS). The operation of the section was later merged to Osaka City transportation itself to increase the number of passengers by reducing fares previously calculated separately.
All stations are in Suminoe-ku, Osaka.
|0.0||Cosmosquare||コスモスクエア||Chūō Line (C10)|
|7.9||Suminoekōen||住之江公園||Yotsubashi Line (Y21)|
- 100A series (since 1991)
- 200 series four-car sets (since 29 June 2016)
A fleet of four-car 200 series trainsets was introduced between 2016 and March 2017, all finished in different colour liveries. The first set, 01, entered revenue service on 29 June 2016, followed by the second set, 02, in October 2016.
|Set No.||Car numbers||Livery|
Former rolling stock
- 100 series (1981-2001)
- March 16, 1981 - The Nankō Port Town Line from Nakafuto to Suminoekōen opened.
- October 5, 1993 - Operations were suspended due to an accident that occurred at Suminoekōen Station; operations resumed on November 19, 1993.
- December 18, 1997 - The Osaka Port Transport System Co., Ltd. New Tram Technoport Line (ニュートラムテクノポート線) from Cosmosquare to Nakafutō opened.
- July 1, 2005 - The OTS New Tram Technoport Line was merged to the Nankō Port Town Line.
- Distance: 7.9 km (incl. former OTS Line 1.3 km)
- Power: 600 V three phase AC, side contact
- Line color: cerulean blue
- Symbol letter: P
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nanko Port Town Line.|
- 私鉄車両編成表 2016 [Private Railway Rolling Stock Formations - 2016] (in Japanese). Japan: Kotsu Shimbunsha. 25 July 2016. p. 157. ISBN 978-4-330-70116-5.
- 大阪市交通局200系 [Osaka Municipal Transportation Bureau 200 series]. Japan Railfan Magazine (in Japanese). Vol. 56 no. 662. Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. June 2016. p. 108-109.
- 「ニュートラム」200系が営業運転を開始 [New Tram 200 series enters revenue service]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 1 July 2016. Archived from the original on 18 September 2016. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- 「ニュートラム」200系第3編成が試運転 [New Tram 200 series 3rd set undergoes test-running]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 16 November 2016. Archived from the original on 17 November 2016. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- ニュートラム200系第9編成が営業運転を開始 [New Tram 200 series set 09 enters revenue service]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 31 August 2017. Archived from the original on 31 December 2017. Retrieved 31 December 2017.
- 大阪市交200系第5編成が搬入される [Osaka Municipal 200 series 5th set delivered]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 22 December 2016. Archived from the original on 24 December 2016. Retrieved 24 December 2016.