Nankai 12000 series
|Nankai 12000 series|
A 12000 series set on a Southern service in August 2015
|In service||1 September 2011–|
|Manufacturer||Tokyu Car Corporation|
|Replaced||Nankai 10000 series|
|Number built||8 vehicles (2 sets)|
|Number in service||8 vehicles (2 sets)|
|Formation||4 cars per trainset|
|Operator(s)||Nankai Electric Railway|
|Line(s) served||Nankai Main Line, Nankai Wakayamakō Line, Nankai Kōya Line, Semboku Rapid Railway|
|Car body construction||Stainless steel|
|Width||2,820 mm (9 ft 3 in)|
|Height||4,140 mm (13 ft 7 in)|
|Floor height||1,150 mm (3 ft 9 in)|
|Maximum speed||120 km/h (75 mph)|
|Traction system||MB-5091-A2 (180 kW) x4 per motor car (Variable-frequency)|
|Power output||1,440 kW per 4-car set|
|Deceleration||3.7 km/h/s (service)
4.0 km/h/s (emergency)
|Electric system(s)||1,500 V DC|
|Current collection method||Overhead wire|
|Multiple working||Nankai 8000 series, Nankai 8300 series, Nankai 9000 series|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
The Nankai 12000 series (南海12000系 Nankai 12000-kei?) is an electric multiple unit (EMU) train type operated by the private railway operator Nankai Electric Railway in Japan on Southern Premium limited express services between Namba and Wakayamashi since September 2011. Two four-car trainsets were delivered, replacing the older 10000 series sets.
Passenger seats are 460 mm (18 in) wide, 25 mm (0.98 in) wider than in previous trains, and AC power outlets are provided.
- Semboku Liner (sometimes substituted for 11000 series)
As of 1 April 2016[update], the fleet consists of two four-car sets, formed as follows, with two motored ("M") cars and two non-powered intermediate trailer ("T") cars, and car 1 at the Wakayamashi end.
|Numbering||MoHa 1210x||SaHa 1285x||SaHa 1280x||MoHa 1200x|
The two end cars are each fitted with one PT7144-B single-arm pantograph.
- Semboku 12000 series, a derivative operated by the Semboku Rapid Railway on Semboku Liner services since January 2017
- 私鉄車両年鑑2013 [Japan Private Railways Annual 2013] (in Japanese). Tokyo, Japan: Ikaros Publications Ltd. 20 March 2013. p. 125. ISBN 978-4-86320-693-9.
- 南海電気鉄道 12000系（特急車両） [Nankai Electric Railway 12000 series Limited Express EMU]. Tetsudō Daiya Jōhō Magazine. Vol. 40 no. 328. Japan: Kotsu Shimbun. August 2011. pp. 78–79.
- 南海電気鉄道 12000系(特急車両) [Nankai 12000 series limited express EMU]. Tetsudō Daiya Jōhō Magazine. Vol. 40 no. 327. Japan: Kotsu Shimbun. July 2011. p. 69.
- 南海電鉄：特急「サザン」に新型車両 今秋にも運転 [Nankai to introduce new trains on "Southern" limited express services from this autumn]. Mainichi jp (in Japanese). Japan: The Mainichi Newspapers. 17 January 2011. Archived from the original on 18 January 2011. Retrieved 28 October 2016.
- 特急列車のご案内 [Guidance of Limited express train] (in Japanese). Japan: Nankai Electric Railway. Retrieved 2015-11-14.
- 私鉄車両編成表 2016 [Private Railway Rolling Stock Formations - 2016] (in Japanese). Japan: Kotsu Shimbunsha. 25 July 2016. p. 148. ISBN 978-4-330-70116-5.
- 南海12000系が甲種輸送される [Nankai 12000 series delivered]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 8 February 2011. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nankai 12000 series.|