Nankai Airport Line
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Airport Limited Express rapi:t at Kansai Airport Station
|Owner||Nankai Electric Railway (Izumisano–Rinkū Town)|
New Kansai International Airport Co., Ltd. (Rinkū Town–Kansai Airport)
|Operator(s)||Nankai Electric Railway|
|Rolling stock||1000 series|
|Line length||8.8 km (5.5 mi)|
|Number of tracks||2|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
|Electrification||1,500 V DC, overhead lines|
|Operating speed||120 km/h (75 mph)|
The Airport Line (空港線 Kūkō sen) is a railway line operated by the Nankai Electric Railway, which connects Izumisano and Kansai International Airport and owned by Kansai International Airport Co., Ltd. between Rinkū Town and Kansai Airport. It opened on June 15, 1994.
It is one of the access routes to the Kansai International Airport which is located on an artificial island in Ōsaka Bay. The line colour of the Airport Line is purple.
- Nankai 7000 series (until October 2015)
- Nankai 7100 series
- Nankai 9000 series
- Nankai 2000 series
- Nankai 1000 series
- Nankai 8000 series
- Nankai 8300 series (from Autumn 2015)
- Nankai 50000 series, used on rapi:t services
- JR West trains also use the track between Rinkū Town and Kansai Airport.
- Limited express (rapi:t), Airport express, Local: All trains stop at every station.
- For stations within the Nankai Main Line, refer to the "Nankai Main Line" article.
|No.||Station name||Japanese||Distance (km)||Transfers||Location|
|NK30||Izumisano||泉佐野||0.0||Nankai Main Line (Through trains for Namba are available.)||Osaka Prefecture||Izumisano|
|NK31||Rinkū Town||りんくうタウン||1.9||Kansai Airport Line|
This article incorporates material from the corresponding article in the Japanese Wikipedia