|Developer(s)||Mats Persson, Thomas Padron-McCarthy, Fredrik Hübinette, project community|
|Genre(s)||Medieval fantasy MUD|
NannyMUD is a MUD, a text-based online role-playing game, founded in 1990, making it one of the longest-running online games. It is hosted by Lysator, the computer club of Linköping University in Sweden.
Around April 20, 1990, having played and enjoyed Genesis LPMud, Mats Persson downloaded LPMud version 1.1.2 and set up his own MUD. In May, after a series of relocations from one host system to another, the MUD was hosted on
nanny.lysator.liu.se, and Persson accepted a suggestion to name it NannyMUD, in honor of both the host system and "my grandmother who refused to understand anything about computers". It is at this point that NannyMUD became a project of Lysator.
- "The Beginning". NannyMUD. Archived from the original on 2007-09-17. Retrieved 2010-05-23.
- Javnost (European Institute for Communication and Culture) 6. 1999. Missing or empty
- "What is NannyMUD?". NannyMUD. Archived from the original on 2007-07-08. Retrieved 2010-05-23.
- Asensio, Rosa Macarro (2008). "Language Learning and MUDs: an Overview". Tejuelo (2): 20–29.
- "A Time Line". NannyMUD. Archived from the original on 2007-09-19. Retrieved 2010-05-23.
- "Musings of the Elders". NannyMUD. Archived from the original on 2007-07-08. Retrieved 2010-05-23.