Nantucket Regional Transit Authority
|Parent||Massachusetts Department of Transportation|
|Headquarters||3 East Chestnut Street, Nantucket, MA 02554|
|Service type||Bus service, paratransit|
|Fuel type||Electric and diesel|
|Operator||Valley Transportation Services of Massachusetts, Inc.|
The Nantucket Regional Transit Authority (NRTA) is the public transport authority on the island of Nantucket in Massachusetts, USA. It operates a network of shuttle buses during the late spring, summer, and early fall seasons, in addition to year-round paratransit service.
The NRTA's shuttle bus service, The Wave (also referred to as the NRTA Wave), is branded using blue and white colors. Paratransit service is branded as Your Island Ride using red and white livery.
NRTA was created by Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 161B in 1993, but did not begin to operate until 1995, when it had only four buses operating on two routes.
Your Island Ride is offered year-round, but The Wave only operates seasonally. A current study will explore whether the demand for year-round Wave service is feasible.
The Wave operates 10 seasonal scheduled bus routes, which are operated by Valley Transportation Services of Massachusetts (VTS of MA). Buses serve Madaket, Miacomet, Mid-Island, the Airport, and Siasconset. Two additional routes serve Jetties and Surfside beaches under the "Beach Bus" route designation. The NRTA also operates the "Wave Ferry Connector", a free service for ticketed ferry passengers connecting the Steamship and Hy-Line docks to the town's park and ride lot.
Your Island Ride has been servicing people with disabilities and people aged 60 and older since 2001. The service operates as a door-to-door reservation van.
|Airport Route||June – September||$2.00|
|Ferry Connector||May – October||Free1|
|Jetties Beach Route||June – September||$1.00|
|Madaket Route||May – September||$2.00|
|Miacomet Loop||May – October||$1.00|
|Mid-Island Loop||May – October||$1.00|
|Sconset via Milestone Road||June – September||$2.00|
|Sconset via Old South Road||May – October||$2.00|
|Sconset via Polpis Road||June – September||$2.00|
|Surfside Beach Route||June – September||$2.00|
- Free for ticketed ferry customers only, others must pay $1.00.
- "About the Nantucket Regional Transit Authority". Nantucket Regional Transit Authority. Retrieved December 12, 2015.
- "Current Public Notices". Nantucket Regional Transit Authority. Retrieved December 12, 2015.
- "Stops & Route Information". Nantucket Regional Transity Authority. Retrieved December 12, 2015.
- "The Wave Ferry Connector" (PDF). Nantucket Regional Transit Authority. Retrieved December 12, 2015.
- "Your Island Ride Service". Nantucket Regional Transit Authority. Retrieved December 12, 2015.
- "Wave Quick Reference 2015". Nantucket Regional Transit Authority. Retrieved December 12, 2015.
|This article related to bus transportation in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Massachusetts government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transportation in Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|