|• Hokkien POJ||Hûn-lâm|
"Welcome To Nanyang" arch
- 1 Politics
- 2 Housing
- 3 Places of worship
- 4 Security
- 5 Education
- 6 Recreation
- 7 Community clubs
- 8 Commercial areas
- 9 Transportation
- 10 Neighbouring areas
- 11 References
- 12 External links
- The West portion of the subzone is referred to as Nanyang (part of Chua Chu Kang constituency).
- The East portion of the subzone is referred to as Gek Poh (part of Hong Kah North constituency).
Both constituencies and the HDB estates in them are managed by Chua Chu Kang Town Council.
- The South portion of the subzone is referred to as Pioneer (part of Pioneer constituency).
The estate (986A–990C) in this constituency is managed by West Coast Town Council.
There are a total of 219 housing blocks and 747 landed houses in this subzone. Of the 219 housing blocks, 203 are public apartments, 13 are blocks of private housing and 3 are hostel blocks.
HDB estates at N7
|73||732–739||8||The blocks in this estate each have a colour theme of its own.|
|73||Gek Poh Ville||743–751||9||Named after "Gek Poh Road", a street that existed before N6 (670A–674B) was developed.|
|74/75||763–766||4||This is the neighbourhood centre for "Gek Poh" (part of Hong Kah North constituency)|
HDB estates at N8
HDB estates at N9
|91||902–911||10||This is the Western-most HDB estate in Singapore.|
|91||Nanyang Emerald||912–926, 928–932||20|
|91||959–966||8||This is the town centre for Nanyang Constituency.|
|93||986A–986C, 987A–987D, 988A–988C, 989A–989D, 990A–990C||17||This precinct is part of the Pioneer constituency.|
|Avenue 5||Westwood Park||176||Landed|
|81/Avenue 5||The Floravale||218, 220/2/6/8, 230/2/4/6, 240/2/4/6||13||Apartment|
|Westwood Avenue||The Woods||93||Landed|
|Westwood Avenue||Westwood Residences||480 units||Apartment|
|Ave 5/Jalan Bahar||15/17/19||3||Student hostel|
Places of worship
- Jin Fu Gong Temple is at Street 92.
- City Harvest Church is at the junction of Street 91 and Pioneer Road North.
- Victory Family Centre is at Street 74.
- The Jurong Police Division Headquarters is located at the junction of Avenue 5 and Jalan Bahar. It also houses the Nanyang Neighbourhood Police Centre as well.
There are 7 education institutions in this subzone, namely
- Juying Primary School
- Juying Secondary School
- Xingnan Primary School
- West Grove Primary School
- Pioneer Primary School
- Pioneer Secondary School
- Westwood Primary School
The Jurong West Sports and Recreation Centre is located at the south portion of the subzone, along Street 93 and Pioneer Road North whereas there are 2 parks in this subzone; Yunnan Park at Street 93 and Jurong West Park at Street 81.
There are 2 community clubs in this subzone.
- Nanyang Community Club is at the junction of Street 91 and Pioneer Road North.
- Gek Poh Vile Community Club is at the junction of Street 75 and 74.
There are 2 commercial areas in this subzone, at Street 91 and at Gek Poh Shopping Centre (along Street 75) whereas both areas each feature a supermarket managed by Prime Group International.
There are 4 main roads in this subzone, Jalan Bahar, Jurong West Avenue 4/2, Pioneer Road North and Upper Jurong Road/Boon Lay Way. These main roads branch out to several minor roads (Streets and Avenues) in the subzone.
There are bus services in the subzone, namely those were the feeders - 241, 242 and 243. These services connect the subzone's neighborhoods to the rail network. It takes around 10 minutes to commute on these services to get to Boon Lay or Pioneer MRT station from the subzone's most distant neighborhoods.
4 trunk bus services, namely 99, 179, 181, 185 and 258. 99 links the district to Clementi, Yuhua, Hong Kah, Boon Lay and Joo Koon, 179 goes to Boon Lay MRT Station/Jurong Point Shopping Centre, Pioneer MRT Station and Nanyang Technological University whereas 181 goes to Boon Lay MRT Station/Jurong Point Shopping Centre and Wenya. 258 goes to Boon Lay MRT Station/Jurong Point Shopping Centre, Pioneer MRT Station and Joo Koon, Express 502 goes to Hong Kah, Yuhua, Orchard Road and Marina Centre whereas 536 goes to Shenton Way and 651 to Marina Boulevard, which provides direct connection to the city. Night buses NR5 and 5N also connects there.
||Western Water Catchment|
|Kian Teck||Jurong West Central||Boon Lay Place|
- Singapore Urban Redevelopment Authority's Master Plan 2008 Archived 17 July 2013 at the Wayback Machine..
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yunnan, Singapore.|
- Chua Chu Kang Town Council
- Blocks 959 - 966 Jurong West Street 92 on HDB Infoweb
- Neighbourhood Complex : Block 762 Jurong West Street 75 on HDB Infoweb
- Nanyang Constituency Website
- Gek Poh Ville Website