Duguid at the 2016 Texas Book Festival
|Born||1950 (age 69)|
|Residence||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Alma mater||Queen's University|
(m. 1985; div. 2009)
Naomi Duguid (born 1950 in Ottawa, Ontario) is a food writer and photographer from Canada. Duguid is based in Toronto and has coauthored six cookbooks, and well as Burma: Rivers of Flavor in 2012 which was her first solo publication. She is best known for her cookbooks co-written with her ex-husband Jeffrey Alford.
She quit her job as a lawyer and went into writing cookbooks in 1995. She has jointly put out five books with her husband on world cooking. All five books have gone on to be major successes and have won Cookbook of the Year from the James Beard Foundation in 1996 and 2001 as well as Cuisine Canada Cookbook Award in 1999 and 2004.
- Flatbreads and Flavors: A Culinary Atlas (ISBN 0-688-11411-3, 1995)
- Home Baking: Sweet and Savory Traditions from Around the World (ISBN 1-57965-174-7, 2003)
- Hot Sour Salty Sweet (ISBN 1-57965-114-3, 2000)
- Seductions of Rice (ISBN 1-57965-234-4, 1998)
- Mangoes and Curry Leaves: Culinary Travels Through the Great Subcontinent (ISBN 1-57965-252-2, 2005)
- Beyond the Great Wall: Recipes and Travels in the Other China (ISBN 1-57965-301-4, 2008)
- Burma: Rivers of Flavor (ISBN 978-1-57965-413-9, 2012)
- Taste of Persia (2016)
- Gross, Matt (2012). "Burma". Afar magazine (October): 119.
- Smith, Andrew F. (2007). The Oxford Companion to American Food and Drink. Oxford, England: Oxford University Press. p. 154–155. ISBN 978-0-19-530796-2.
- Staff (2001). "Observer Book Report: Jeffrey Alford and Naomi Duguid munch their way through the Mekong Delta and come back with a terrificly useful book". Restaurant Hospitality. 85 (9): 30–31.
- Chapman, Sasha (2005). "Spice World:Canada's most acclaimed cookbook writers on their almost accidental success". Toronto Life (November). Archived from the original on 17 June 2007.
- Kramer, Jane (24 November 2008). "Profiles: The Hungry Travellers". The New Yorker. 84 (38): 100–106.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Naomi Duguid.|