Komi in his studio
March 28, 1986 |
Tsuno, Kōchi, Japan
Naoshi Komi (古味直志 Komi Naoshi, born March 28, 1986) is a Japanese manga artist. His works have debuted in Weekly Shōnen Jump magazine and its affiliates. In 2008, he released Double Arts, which lasted for three tankōbon volumes. His latest work, Nisekoi, about a pair of high school students from rival gang families that are forced to be a couple, is serialized in Weekly Shōnen Jump, with over two hundred chapters, and has spawned an anime series.
Komi was born in Tsuno, Takaoka District in the Aichi Prefecture. Komi debuted in Akamaru Jump in 2007. He said the magazine is known for featuring many newcomers. His first serialized work in Weekly Shonen Jump was Double Arts.
- Island (2007, Akamaru Jump)
- Koi no Kami-sama (2007, Weekly Shōnen Jump)
- Williams (2007, Weekly Shōnen Jump)
- Apple (2008, Young Magazine)
- Double Arts (2008, Weekly Shōnen Jump)
- Personant (2008, Jump Square)
- Nisekoi (2011 - 2016, Weekly Shōnen Jump)
- Toki Doki (2016, Weekly Shōnen Jump)
- Crossover works
- Nisekyū!! (2012, Weekly Shōnen Jump) — with Haruichi Furudate.
- Ore Koi!! (2013, Weekly Shōnen Jump) — with Kazune Kawahara.