Naperville Township, DuPage County, Illinois
Naperville Township office at the corner of Water and Webster Streets
Location in DuPage County
DuPage County's location in Illinois
|Settled||November 6, 1849|
|• Supervisor||Eddie Bedford|
|• Highway Commissioner||Richard Novinger|
|• Assessor||Warren Dixon III|
|• Town Clerk||Nathaniel Sippel|
|• Total||35.89 sq mi (93.0 km2)|
|• Land||34.95 sq mi (90.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.94 sq mi (2.4 km2) 2.62%|
|Elevation||712 ft (217 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||102,286|
|• Density||2,861.9/sq mi (1,105.0/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|ZIP codes||60504, 60519, 60540, 60555, 60563, 60564, 60565|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.89 square miles (93.0 km2), of which 34.95 square miles (90.5 km2) (or 97.38%) is land and 0.94 square miles (2.4 km2) (or 2.62%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Erb and Naperville.
Airports and landing strips
- Aero Estates Airport
- Edward Hospital Heliport
- Naper Aero Club Airport
- Lund Lake
- Spring Lake
- Waubonsie Lake
- Willow Lake
- Dupage County Big Woods Forest Preserve
- Dupage County Springbrook Prairie Forest Preserve
- Illinois Department of Corrections Youth Center (south three-quarters)
|U.S. Decennial Census|
Naperville Township elected its officeholders during the April 2017 consolidated election. The election saw the Democratic slate win a majority of offices in the traditionally Republican township.
|Office||Elected official||Party||Took office||Residence|
|Supervisor||Eddie Bedford||Democratic||2017||Naperville Township|
|Assessor||Warren L. Dixon III||Republican||2013||Naperville|
|Highway Commissioner||Richard Novinger||Democratic||2017||Aurora|
- Community Unit School District 200
- Indian Prairie Community Unit School District 204
- Naperville Community Unit District 203
- Illinois's 13th congressional district
- State House District 48
- State House District 84
- State House District 95
- State House District 96
- State Senate District 24
- State Senate District 42
- State Senate District 48
- "Naperville Township, DuPage County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- Hagerty, Erin (April 5, 2017). "Dems unseat several incumbents in Naperville, Lisle township races". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved June 5, 2017.
- Dan Proft (May 5, 2017). "Fillmore Township 2017 Consolidated Election". DuPage Policy Journal (a conservative campaign publication). Retrieved June 5, 2017.
- "Paul Santucci: Candidate Profile Naperville Township Board (4-year Terms) (R)". Retrieved June 5, 2017.