Naples Daily News
|Publisher||William R. Barker|
|Headquarters||1100 Immokalee Road, Naples, FL 34110 United States|
It was previously owned by Milwaukee-based Journal Media Group, which was formed by a newspaper-only spin-off of E.W. Scripps Company's media operations in 2015. Scripps had bought it from the founding Collier family in 1986. At that time, Scripps paid the highest multiple of earnings for the paper any American company had paid to date, in a deal said to be over $160 million.
The Naples Daily News and The (Fort Myers, Florida) News-Press papers are both printed at the Naples Daily News after Gannett bought them from JMG.
For many years, it has targeted Collier County. However, its coverage has been expanded to Lee County and parts of Charlotte County. The paper publishes several editions of its "Local & State" section for communities including Bonita Springs, Cape Coral, East Naples, Fort Myers, Immokalee, Lehigh Acres, Marco Island, North Fort Myers, North Naples and South Fort Myers.
The President and Publisher is William R. Barker.
- "Naples Daily news". Mondo TImes.
- Gores, Paul (April 1, 2015). "Journal, Scripps merger creates two closely aligned media companies". Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Retrieved January 13, 2018.
- "Parent company of Naples Daily News to spin off newspaper division in merger". News-Press. 31 July 2014.
- "Media firm's strategy could shine with buy of Naples Daily News". News-Press. 23 December 1986.
- Bennett Williams, Amy (31 July 2016). "Stop the Presses: Machines at News-Press to Fall SIlent". News-Press.
- "Bill Barker named publisher of the Naples Daily News". Naples Daily News. October 30, 2013. Retrieved January 13, 2018.