Naples High School
|Naples High School|
|1100 Golden Eagle Circle
Naples, FL, Collier County 34102
|School district||Collier County Public Schools|
|Principal||Kevin Saba |
|Rival||Lely, Barron Collier|
|Average SAT scores||2014-2015
|Average ACT scores||2004-2005
|Publication||"Talon Tribune" (school newspaper)|
|Blue & Gold
"There are only two kinds of people: Golden Eagles, and those who want to be Golden Eagles"
Naples High School is a secondary education school located in Naples, Florida, and is one of eight public high schools located in Collier County. Naples High School is part of the District School Board of Collier County.
|School Year||SAT Verbal||SAT Math||SAT V+M Composite||SAT Writing||ACT Composite||AP Test Mean||AP % 3 or above|
Naples High School has an Architectural and Pre-Engineering Program, which includes five courses to prepare students enrolled in the program for college. Each class is designed such that the focus of the educational experience is on projects rather than lectures to give students a hands-on experience and allow the students to work in teams. In many cases, the program's classes may earn credit with local colleges and vocational schools. Classes in the pre-engineering program include; Introduction to Engineering (IED), Digital Electronics (DE), Principals of Engineering (POE), Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIMs), and Engineering Design and Development (EDD). All classes in the pre-engineering program are taught in association with Project Lead the Way.
Naples High School is one of the seven members of the Collier County Athletic Conference. The school offers the following sports:
|Baseball / Softball||Basketball||Bowling||Cross Country||Football||Golf||Lacrosse||Soccer||Swimming & Diving||Tennis||Track & Field||Volleyball||Wrestling|
|Men's Cross Country||-||-||1986|
|Football||-||1976, 1981, 1982, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2012, 2015||2001, 2007|
|Men's Golf||1983, 1994, 1997, 2001, 2005||2014||-|
|Men's Soccer||1987, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2010, 2011||1987, 1993, 1994, 1995||-|
|Softball||-||-||1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 2001, 2007, 2008|
|Men's Tennis||-||-||2002, 2003, 2004|
|Women's Volleyball||2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009||-||-|
Naples High School is home to many different extracurricular clubs. An accurate, up-to-date list is difficult to keep, as clubs are added and dropped as students graduate or lose interest. However, some of the notable clubs are: Mock Trial, Mu Alpha Theta, National Honor Society, Key Club, Scholar Bowl, Spanish National Honor Society, Varsity Club, Envirothon, Academic Team (Quiz Bowl), Student Government Organization, Future Business Leaders of America, Talon Tribune (School Newspaper), Fellowship of Christian Athletes, JROTC, Junior State of America, Junior Civitan Club, Model United Nations, KidsCan, Relay For Life, CORE Society, Garden Club
- Caucasian 61%
- Hispanic: 25%
- Black: 10%
- MultiRacial: 2%
- Asian: 1%
- Indian: 1%
- Lewis Gilbert (Class of 1974) – former NFL tight end
- Brian Shimer (Class of 1980) – former USA1 Bobsled driver and Olympic Medalist in 2002 Salt Lake City - currently a coach of USA Bobsled teams
- Fred McCrary (Class of 1991) – former NFL player who won Super Bowl XXXVIII with the New England Patriots in 2004
- Carmen Cali (Class of 1997) – Former MLB player with the St. Louis Cardinals and Minnesota Twins
- Spencer Adkins (Class of 2005) – former NFL linebacker
- Carlos Hyde (class of 2009) – current running back for the San Francisco 49ers, drafted in the 2014 NFL Draft
- Monique Evans (Class of 2010) – Miss Texas 2014
- "Naples High School Alumni Information". Naples High School. Retrieved September 5, 2006.
- "Naples High School Administration". Naples High School. Retrieved September 5, 2006.
- "2005-06 SAT Assessment Results" (PDF). 31 August 2006. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 2, 2006. Retrieved January 23, 2007.
- "2004-05 ACT Assessment Results" (PDF). 12 October 2005. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 2, 2006. Retrieved January 23, 2007.
- "Advanced Placement Test Results 2005-2006" (PDF). 22 August 2006. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 2, 2006. Retrieved January 23, 2007.
- "Naples High School Special Programs". Naples High School. Retrieved September 5, 2006.
- "Naples High School Athletics". Retrieved September 5, 2006.
- "Naples High School Activities". Naples High School. Retrieved September 5, 2006.
- "Naples High School Demographics". District School Board of Collier County. Retrieved November 24, 2008.
- Begley, Emily (July 12, 2014). "Naples native takes Miss Texas title". Naples Daily News. Naples, FL. Retrieved July 12, 2014.