Naples High School
|Naples High School|
|1100 Golden Eagle Circle
Naples, FL 34102
|Motto||There are only two kinds of people: Golden Eagles, and those who want to be Golden Eagles!|
|Principal||Kevin Saba |
|Blue and Gold
Naples High School is a secondary education school located in Naples, Florida, and is one of eight public high schools located in Collier County. Naples High School is part of the District School Board of Collier County.
Naples High School is one of the seven members of the Collier County Athletic Conference. The school offers the following sports.
Athletic Awards and Championships
- 2009 Baseball State Champions
- 2001 and 2007, State High School Football Champions (runner ups in 2003)
- 1976, 1981, 1982, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2012 Regional Football Champions
- 1987-1991, 1993–1996, 1998, 2001, 2007, 2008 State Softball
- 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, Girls Volleyball District Champions
- 2010,2011 Soccer District Champions
- 2002-2004 State Tennis Champions 
Architectural and Pre-Engineering Program
The Architectural and Pre-Engineering Program includes five courses to prepare students enrolled in the program for college. Each class is designed such that the focus of the educational experience is on projects rather than lectures to give students a hands-on experience and allow the students to work in teams. In many cases, the program's classes may earn credit with local colleges and vocational schools. Classes in the pre-engineering program include; Introduction to Engineering (IED), Digital Electronics (DE), Principals of Engineering (POE), Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIMs), and Engineering Design and Development (EDD). All classes in the pre-engineering program are taught in association with Project Lead the Way.
Naples High School is home to many different extracurricular clubs. An accurate, up-to-date list is difficult to keep, as clubs are added and dropped as students graduate or lose interest. However, some of the notable clubs are: Mock Trial, Mu Alpha Theta, National Honor Society, Key Club, Scholar Bowl, Spanish National Honor Society, Varsity Club, Envirothon, Academic Team (Quiz Bowl), Student Government Organization, Future Business Leaders of America, Talon Tribune (School Newspaper), Fellowship of Christian Athletes, JROTC, Junior State of America, Junior Civitan Club, Model United Nations, KidsCan, Relay For Life, CORE Society, Student Government Association. Garden Club
Students by race
- Race-White: 61 %
- Race-Black: 10%
- Race-Hispanic: 25 %
- Race-Asian: 1 %
- Race-MultiRacial: 2 %
- Race-Indian: 1 %
- Carlos Hyde (class of 2009)- current runningback for the San Francisco 49ers, drafted in the 2014 NFL Draft
- Spencer Adkins (Class of 2005) – current NFL linebacker for the Atlanta Falcons, drafted in the 2009 NFL Draft
- Carmen Cali (Class of 1997) – Former MLB player (St. Louis Cardinals, Minnesota Twins)
- Monique Evans (Class of 2010) - Miss Texas 2014
- Lewis Gilbert (Class of 1974) – former NFL tight end
- Fred McCrary (Class of 1991) – former National Football League (NFL) player who won Super Bowl XXXVIII with the New England Patriots in 2004.
- Brian Shimer (Class of 1980) – former USA1 Bobsled driver and Olympic Medalist in 2002 Salt Lake City - currently a coach of USA Bobsled teams in Lake Placid New York
- "Naples High School Alumni Information". Naples High School. Retrieved September 5, 2006.
- "Naples High School Administration". Naples High School. Retrieved September 5, 2006.
- "Naples High School Athletics". Retrieved September 5, 2006.
- "Naples High School Honors and Achievements". Retrieved September 5, 2006.
- "Naples High School Special Programs". Naples High School. Retrieved September 5, 2006.
- "Naples High School Activities". Naples High School. Retrieved September 5, 2006.
- "Naples High School Demographics". District School Board of Collier County. Retrieved November 24, 2008.
- Begley, Emily (July 12, 2014). "Naples native takes Miss Texas title". Naples Daily News (Naples, FL). Retrieved July 12, 2014.