This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Slogan||Hot lyrics and Music Videos|
Type of site
|372,322 (August 2012[update])|
Naplyrics.com is a licensed lyrics website that started its operations in late 2011 and was recently featured on killerstartups.com . As of August 2012, the website contains over 59,000 artists, 1,100,000 lyrics, 26,000 albums and has 84,000 Twitter followers and 6887 Facebook subscribers.
Naplyrics.com was created by Canadian graduate student Omar Ray . According to a recent interview, Ray quit his graduate school to pursue building a comprehensive lyrics website that was legal and supported lyrics publishers. The website has undergone numerous revisions and currently serves audiences music related content such as lyrics, videos, celebrity blogs etc.
In July 2012, Naplyrics.com joined lyrics licensing agency LyricFind to provide compensation for lyrics related content and the agreement makes the website one of the very few licensed lyrics portals.
Naplyrics.com is hosted from Vancouver, British Columbia, which is also home to the world's most popular lyrics website and recently acquired by CBS - Metrolyrics.com.
- "Naplyrics.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- Hutton, Holly (July 19, 2012). "Naplyrics.com Founder Omar Ray On Being The Number One Lyrics And Music Videos Destination". KillerStartups.com.
- "Naplyrics.com on Facebook". Facebook.com. August 13, 2012.
- "Naplyrics.com on Twitter". Twitter.com. August 13, 2012.
- Shaw, Gillian (October 11, 2011). "MetroLyrics acquisition by CBS Interactive a high note for Canada's new media". Vancouversun.com.