Nar Nar Goon, Victoria
|Nar Nar Goon|
Murals on the intersection of Nar Nar Goon Road and Carney Street
|Elevation||95 m (312 ft)|
|LGA(s)||Shire of Cardinia|
|Federal Division(s)||La Trobe|
Nar Nar Goon is a town in Gippsland, Victoria, Australia, 61 km south-east of Melbourne's Central Business District, located within the Shire of Cardinia local government area. Nar Nar Goon recorded a population of 1,012 at the 2016 Census.
It is known as "The Mural Town" due to the numerous murals that have been painted upon a number of its old and historical buildings.
The Post Office opened on 15 September 1881.
The town contains a private and public school, each offering primary education, an active progress association, a CFA fire station, scout hall, community centre and hotel.
The cricket club in town is Nar Nar Goon/Maryknoll which plays in the West Gippsland Cricket Association.
The town also has a small number of shops and a pub.
The Light Horse & Field Artillery Museum is also located in Nar Nar Goon.
- Shire of Pakenham - Nar Nar Goon was previously within this former local government area.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Nar Nar Goon (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 September 2017.
- "The Land Selections.:Melbourne". The Argus (Melbourne) (6, 098). Victoria, Australia. 21 December 1865. p. 6. Retrieved 3 August 2017 – via National Library of Australia., ...The areas opened at Melbourne were six...Nar-nar-goon, comprising 9,375 acres, is situated about thirty miles S.E of Melbourne, on the township of Pakenham...
- Nar Nar Goon Estate (cartographic Material). Melbourne: S.n., 1800. Print. Haughton Collection.
- Premier Postal History, Post Office List, retrieved 11 April 2008
- "OUR LETTER BOX". Weekly Times (1, 592). Victoria, Australia. 10 February 1900. p. 14. Retrieved 3 August 2017 – via National Library of Australia., ...there is a new railway station getting built at Nar Nar Goon...
- Full Points Footy, Nar Nar Goon, archived from the original on 7 October 2008, retrieved 25 July 2008