Naracoorte Lucindale Council
|Naracoorte Lucindale Council
Position of the Naracoorte Lucindale Council in blue
|Population||8,390 (2015 est)|
|• Density||1.8576/km2 (4.8110/sq mi)|
|Area||4,516.7 km2 (1,743.9 sq mi)|
|Mayor||Erika Vickery |
|Website||Naracoorte Lucindale Council|
The Naracoorte Lucindale Council is a local government area in the Australian state of South Australia located in the Limestone Coast region in the south-east of the state adjacent to the Victorian border.
The districts economy is agricultural based, with cereal crops, sheep and beef predominantly farmed. Naracoorte has a substantial tourist industry as well, with the Naracoorte Caves, Wonambi Fossil Centre and the seasonal Bool Lagoon Game Reserve Wetlands the main attractions.
The council encompasses the major towns of Naracoorte and Lucindale, as well as the smaller towns and localities of Binnum, Cadgee, Coles, Conmurra, Fox, Frances, Hynam, Joanna, Keppoch, Koppamurra, Kybybolite, Laurie Park, Lochaber, Mount Light, Moyhall, Spence, Stewart Range, Struan, The Gap, Wild Dog Valley, Woolumbool and Wrattonbully, and parts of Avenue Range and Bool Lagoon.
The towns of Naracoorte and Lucindale collectively have all major facilities expected by visitors to the area, including supermarkets, specialty stores, restaurants and accommodation in a range of forms.
The district has a number of education and health facilities, with Naracoorte having a high school and 3 primary schools, a hospital, the Naracoorte Swimming Lake and Lucindale a public library and Area School.
The area also has a number of sporting clubs.
|Mayor ||Erika Vickery|
|Unsubdivided ||Tom Dennis|
Naracoorte Lucindale Council has a directly-elected mayor.
- "3218.0 – Regional Population Growth, Australia, 2014–15". Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- "Elected Members". Naracoorte Lucindale Council. Retrieved 27 June 2016.
- "Limestone Coast SA Government region" (PDF). The Government of South Australia. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- "Thursday, 17 September 1998" (PDF). The Government Gazette of South Australia. Government of South Australia. Retrieved 22 November 2016.
- Naracoorte tourism, Lucindale, retrieved 2007-05-04
- "Location SA Map Viewer". Government of South Australia. Retrieved 12 April 2016.
- "Election Results 2014" (PDF). Local Government Association of South Australia. Retrieved 15 February 2016.