APSRTC Bus Complex at Narasannapeta
|• Total||5.18 km2 (2.00 sq mi)|
|• Density||5,100/km2 (13,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Srikakulam|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Narasannapeta|
Narasannapeta is a census town in Srikakulam district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is the mandal headquarters of Narasannapeta mandal in Srikakulam revenue division. 43 villages are there under the administrative division of Narasannapeta.
Narsannapeta is located at  It has an average elevation of 18 m (59 ft). It is located 23 km from district capital Srikakulam..
Narasannapeta is a Census Town city in district of Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh. The Narasannapeta Census Town has population of 26,280 of which 12,890 are males while 13,390 are females as per report released by Census India 2011.
Population of Children with age of 0-6 is 2663 which is 10.13 % of total population of Narasannapeta (CT). In Narasannapeta Census Town, Female Sex Ratio is of 1039 against state average of 993. Moreover Child Sex Ratio in Narasannapeta is around 937 compared to Andhra Pradesh state average of 939. Literacy rate of Narasannapeta city is 79.05 % higher than state average of 67.02 %. In Narasannapeta, Male literacy is around 85.86 % while female literacy rate is 72.57 %.
Narasannapeta Census Town has total administration over 6,530 houses to which it supplies basic amenities like water and sewerage. It is also authorized to build roads within Census Town limits and impose taxes on properties coming under its jurisdiction.
Narasannapeta is an assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh. There are 1,29,078 registered voters in Narasannapeta constituency in 1999 elections.
|Year||Winner Candidate||Party||Votes||Runner Candidate||Party||Votes||Margin(Majority)|
|2014||Baggu Ramanamurthy||TDP||Dharamana KrishnaDas||YSRCP||76559||4800|
- 1951 - H. Satyanarayana Dora
- 1967 - S. Jagannadham
- 1973 - Baggu Sarojinamma
- 1978 - Dola Seeta Ramulu
- 1983 and 1985 - Simma Prabhakara Rao
- 1989 and 1999 - Dharmana Prasada Rao
- 1994 - Baggu Lakshmana Rao
- 2004 - Dharmana Krishna Das
- 2009 - Dharmana Krishna Das
- 2012 - Dharmana Krishna Das (bye poll)
- 2014- Baaggu Ramanamurthy.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
- "District Census Handbook - Srikakulam" (PDF). Census of India. p. 26–28,54. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- "Srikakulam district mandals" (PDF). Census of India. The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. pp. 199,218. Retrieved 18 May 2015.
- Falling Rain Genomics. Narsannapeta
- Election Commission of India.A.P.Assembly results.1978-2004
- "List of National Highways passing through A.P. State". Roads and Buildings Department. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- "School Eduvation Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education – Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Retrieved 7 November 2016.