|• Total||1.68 km2 (0.65 sq mi)|
|Elevation||120 m (390 ft)|
|• Density||6,700/km2 (17,000/sq mi)|
|• Official||Telugu, Tamil|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Narayanavanam is located at  It has an average elevation of 122 metres (400 feet)..
Narayanavanam is just 35 km away from Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India and 95 km away from Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. It is just 5 km away from Puttur, point of departure for buses to the temple town Narayanavanam. From Narayanavanam you can go to Kailasa Kona Falls.
As of 2011[update] India census, Narayanavanam had a population of 37,041. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Narayanavanam has an average literacy rate of 64%, lower than the national average of 74%: male literacy is 72%, and female literacy is 56%. In Narayanavanam, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age. Telugu and Tamil is the official language of the town.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu and Tamil.
- "District Census Handbook - Chittoor" (PDF). Census of India. p. 19–21,58. Retrieved 4 November 2015.
- "Chittoor District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 476,515. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Narayanavanam
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "School Eduvation Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Retrieved 7 November 2016.