Narayanganj Sadar Upazila
|• Total||100.75 km2 (38.90 sq mi)|
|• Density||6,000/km2 (16,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||BST (UTC+6)|
|Website||Official Map of Narayanganj Sadar|
Narayanganj Sadar is located at. It has 113635 households and total area 100.75 km².
As of the 1991 Bangladesh census, Narayanganj Sadar has a population of 604561. Males constitute 55.89% of the population, and females 44.11%. This Upazila's eighteen up population is 339155. Narayanganj Sadar has an average literacy rate of 49.6% (7+ years), and the national average of 32.4% literate.
Narayanganj Sadar has 18 Unions/Wards, 149 Mauzas/Mahallas, and 132 villages.
Vice Chairman : Nazim Uddin (from Awami League)
There are twelve colleges in the upazila. They include honors level colleges Haji Misir Ali University College, Narayanganj College, and Narayanganj Government Mohila College. Government Tolaram College, founded in 1937, is the only masters level college.
According to Banglapedia, Adarsha Girls' School and College, Deobhog Hazi Uzir Ali High School (founded in 1924), Morgan Girls' High School (1910), Narayanganj Bar Academy (1906), Narayanganj Government Girls' High School, and Narayanganj High School and College (1885) are notable secondary schools.
- Ruhul Amin Prodhan (2012), "Narayanganj Sadar Upazila", in Sirajul Islam and Ahmed A. Jamal, Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.), Asiatic Society of Bangladesh
- "Population Census Wing, BBS.". Archived from the original on 2005-03-27. Retrieved November 10, 2006.
- "List of Degree Colleges (Honors)". Ministry of Education. Retrieved June 17, 2017.
- "List of Master's Colleges". Ministry of Education. Retrieved June 17, 2017.
- "List of Fazil Madrasas". Ministry of Education. Retrieved June 17, 2017.
- "List of Kamil Madrasas". Ministry of Education. Retrieved June 17, 2017.
|This Dhaka Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|